DI and HIS comparison

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

D55

Reaction score
I shot last week and today with equal distractions both days, ie people asking everything about what I was doing so my excuse is groups suffered. I don't have a target pic for last week after I was alone to shoot but will give my results without it. DI 70gr H4198 ww Fed.lrmp match primers 300gr. xtp smooth sized 25" Brux barrel plus Harrel's radial brake. 2782 2780 2782 fps for a .518 cc group.

Today I had same distraction plus an older gent blew up a new Ruger 350 Legend. After he left and I was down to my last 5 bullets my results were HIS ignition and all other components the same. 2690 2686 2688 2694 2696 for a .663 cc group.
90 fps difference between the 2 ignition systems. Good ES with both. I am going to try to put in pic of todays last target. My phone pics are blurrrrry.
FxRymU.jpg
I am having trouble with inserting pics for the moment so I will get it figured out and show todays anyhow.

Last edited:
I shot last week and today with equal distractions both days, ie people asking everything about what I was doing so my excuse is groups suffered. I don't have a target pic for last week after I was alone to shoot but will give my results without it. DI 70gr H4198 ww Fed.lrmp match primers 300gr. xtp smooth sized 25" Brux barrel plus Harrel's radial brake. 2782 2780 2782 fps for a .518 cc group.

Today I had same distraction plus an older gent blew up a new Ruger 350 Legend. After he left and I was down to my last 5 bullets my results were HIS ignition and all other components the same. 2690 2686 2688 2694 2696 for a .663 cc group.
90 fps difference between the 2 ignition systems. Good ES with both. I am going to try to put in pic of todays last target. My phone pics are blurrrrry.
FxRymU
I am having trouble with inserting pics for the moment so I will get it figured out and show todays anyhow.
90 fps , wow , thats interesting !!! I really like this kind of info !!!

The rifle is a Sav. 12 action with a Brux barrel and Boyd's TH Vaarmint stock 4-16x44 Viper HS. This is the target.
target.jpg

My phone camera takes poor quality pics as you can see. I do not shoot anything except for smokeless for the last 10 years. I enjoyed my Knight Wolverine SS and TC White Mountain carbine and CVA side hammer 45 can't recall the model, but those guns all have new homes now as I became addicted to the sml's.

Latest posts

Back