Did PowerBelt/CVA Finally Get It Right This Time?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Busta

Reaction score
PowerBelt™ Paramount ELR Muzzleloader Bullets - .45 Cal 280 Grain Bullets

"The PowerBelt™ Paramount ELR Muzzleloader Bullets are revolutionary in design and performance. Made specifically for use with the CVA™ Paramount Muzzleloader Rifle, the PowerBelt Paramount ELR bullets are designed for shooters who require long-range power and accuracy, without compromising ballistic performance. These .45 caliber bullets feature an incredibly high ballistic coefficient for flatter trajectories and higher velocities than other muzzleloader bullets on the market today. The extended ballistic tip is designed to enhance accuracy, ballistic coefficient, as well as proper expansion on game with minimal fragmentation.

The PowerBelt™ ELR full caliber bullets leave little plastic residue behind and can be shot up to eight times before the recommended barrel swab is required. They are exceptionally easy to load due to the bullets being manufactured .001” under bore diameter. The patented PowerBelt™ Snap-On Base gas seal eliminates gas blow by, and at the same time gives optimal flight performance and down range accuracy you require. The base of the Paramount bullet is designed for the higher powder volumes out of the Paramount Muzzleloader, offering a tighter gas seal, while still loading significantly easier than comparable sabots.

The PowerBelt™ Paramount ELR is the pinnacle bullet in the PowerBelt™ line with an aerodynamic-enhanced ultra-smooth finish, fluted, large diameter gas check for an accuracy-enhanced tight fit, and smaller hollow-point cavity for controlled expansion. Powerbelt™ produces over 7 million muzzleloader bullets annually, making them the largest muzzleloading bullet manufacturer in the world."

Fluted body, high BC, smaller hollow point cavity.

Anyone care to guess what the BC will be?

Attachments

• powerbelt-elr-bullets-cva-paramount-bullets-mz-bullets-45-cal (1).jpg
    powerbelt-elr-bullets-cva-paramount-bullets-mz-bullets-45-cal (1).jpg
    77 KB · Views: 609
Ive been looking for info on this..can’t find anything myself. But I do like the appearance of the new bullet. Never ever have I been a fan of a Powerbelts terminal performance..I’ll admit tho they have accuracy in just about anything . Maybe this can change my mind..I’ve got a nice pile of spending money and currently do not own any cva rifles..last one I owned was a optima pro and I hated shouldering it..it just wasn’t comfortable, I had a wolf as well that i killed a lot of deer with, anyone know barrel length in the rifle?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One thing catches my eye
They are exceptionally easy to load due to the bullets being manufactured .001” under bore diameter.

What bore diameter would that be exactly. Even .458 CF barrels vary. Ive seen plenty of Bergara 45/70 barrel posts where people could load a .451 bare bullet in them. Both my 45s are a tight .450 land to land. One a GMB and the other a Pacnor super match grade. My Accura 45 was substantially larger. A .452 loaded but needed quite a bit more effort to start and got easier near the breach. A 300gr PB Plat loaded with ease and shot very well.

In my 2 current 45s a PowerBelt Plat 300gr is tight. So tight i dont want to even try past the crown even though the soft lead should go.

The other thing that comes to mind is cost. If its 2 bucks a pop i dont see too many dedicated long range shooters choosing them over a Parker or Pittman. They may sell to the mass market if its better made that their current line up.

Wild guess at BC.....Over .240 but under .300.

Looks good, actually looks to be 3.5x bore diameter with base.
Based on their description, does the snap-on base come off?
Sabotless guys here might have some insight to undersized bullets?
I’ll be looking forward to these in RonL 50grV test.
As for BC - We’ve proved there is quite a bit of BS in BC from the manufactures, there’s no telling.
Thanks

Yeah BC is all over the place. The new Parker Black Max is rated at around .380 in a 275gr but thats at SML speeds. Still seems inflated to me though.

I under size by no more than .001 and knurl them up to about .002 over lands. They will load easy enough with light fouling but still hold tight enough to ignite BH209 and "other" powders.

Kyle the owner of Pittman bullets has his BCs conservative for Smokless velocities. Kyles BCs normally work well for me a Blackhorn speeds .Pittman bullets are the only bullets that match up even close to their advertised BC. I have to say it gets flustrating trying to use a ballistic app with inflated BCs . (which happens often !)

:yeah:
Dougs136Schwartz said:
Kyle the owner of Pittman bullets has his BCs conservative for Smokless velocities. Kyles BCs normally work well for me a Blackhorn speeds .Pittman bullets are the only bullets that match up even close to their advertised BC. I have to say it gets flustrating trying to use a ballistic app with inflated BCs . (which happens often !)

Dougs136Schwartz said:
Sierra seems to have it correct, more information (actual velocities) than anyone else .

If I were to find a package of these I'd probably spring for them to give a try. I'd be interested in shooting a couple into some wet news papers stuffed in a cardboard box set in front of a sand pile.

I wonder what the idea is behind the grooves in the bullet? Looks almost like a foster style rifled slug.

MrTom said:
If I were to find a package of these I'd probably spring for them to give a try. I'd be interested in shooting a couple into some wet news papers stuffed in a cardboard box set in front of a sand pile.

I wonder what the idea is behind the grooves in the bullet? Looks almost like a foster style rifled slug.

They're fluted bullets. Should make the bullet stronger in the back end. I guess we'll just have to wait and see how it all shakes out.

Back