Disc xtreeme thumb hole for $289

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

encoreguy

Reaction score
My local gun dealer has a new Disc Extreme, stainless with the synthetic thumbhole for $289. I already have a Encore, a Disc Elite for my son and I don't need it but what a deal. Anyone here have one and what do you think of it?

Thanks!

encoreguy said:
My local gun dealer has a new Disc Extreme, stainless with the synthetic thumbhole for $289. I already have a Encore, a Disc Elite for my son and I don't need it but what a deal. Anyone here have one and what do you think of it?

Thanks!

My Disc Extreme (stainless/thumbhole) has been a very reliable gun. If I had the money, I'd buy another without a second thought. Mine's getting pretty beat up from use. And $289 is an awesome price on one. A local store has one for $500 something.

Patrick White said:
encoreguy said:

Thanks!

My Disc Extreme (stainless/thumbhole) has been a very reliable gun. If I had the money, I'd buy another without a second thought. Mine's getting pretty beat up from use. And $289 is an awesome price on one. A local store has one for $500 something.

Hey Pat, i paid $525.00 for mine a few years ago. :cry: :)

Well I drove to the gun dealer and he still had it so I bought it :D . I don't own any thumbhole stocked guns and I fell in love with it. So I will either keep it or I might use it in a sales promotion. Those of you that have one, what is your "pet load" and what kind of accuracy are you getting?

My favorite load is 260 gr Platinum tips and 100 gr FFG triple seven. I've taken 4 deer with this load and the farthest any went has been 20 yds (50 yd shot). The other three dropped in their tracks at ranges from 20 yds to 120 yds. Accuracy is in the 1 1/2" range. My personal best with this load is right at 1". Other loads I've shot accurately are 250 Barnes MZ/100 gr Pyrodex pellets, 260 gr. Knight jacketed bullet/90 gr. Prodex RS, 250 SST/100 gr. Triple seven, and 444 flat point Powerbelt 70 gr Triple seven. It's just not too picky in what it likes as long as the bullet/sabot fit is snug when loading.

Latest posts

Back