Dixie Gun Works catalog

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

exarcher

NRA and NAA Life member
Supporting member
Reaction score
I just got my first Dixie Gun Works catalog,,, Great,, This reminds me of the Herter's catalog i loved to flip through and window shop with when i was a kid! I

Dixie catalogs have a wealth of information for new and old shooters. Herter's was great, I have a lot of their stuff.
Nit Wit

Herter's was in my hometown! Waseca, Minnesota.
in the 60's & 70's my area of east tn. was a very popular fishing destination, white bass run on holston river was famous in Field & Stream Magazine,,, my parents tied feather and bucktail flies that sold in local sporting goods (fishing) stores for extra cash,,, They bought all the equipment ect from Herters... they had the "worlds best" of anything you could think of for fishing, hunting, camping ect... I still see a product occasionally with that name on it.. hard to believe that was over 1/2 century ago now!! Tempus Fugit!!!!

Back in the 60's I'd skip school and drive to Herters for the day. Loved that place. A buddy moved from Rochester to Waseca in 1968 and skipping school and picking him up to hit Herters was a twice monthly affair. lol

Latest posts

Back