DIY rifle to pistol conversion questions

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dogfood

Reaction score
Picked up and old school Traditions Evolution bolt gun on the cheap at a local pawn shop. I've always liked the idea of an inline pistol. Bit being a bit of a novice i have a few questions.

Would a pipe cutter work for cutting down the barrel?

Given that it's just gonna be a range toy, and not for hunting what would a you recommend as a good barrel length?

Thanks for your help.
Cheers,
dgfd

Ive cut down a couple barrels and i used the pipe cutter but just to get a good, squared, straight line started. Then opened it up with a small fine triangle file. Then just cut it off with a hack saw or air powered cutoff wheel. Lastly i used a dremel to cleanup the new muzzle and re-crown it. Took a few hours. There is a thread from a year or 2 ago where another member talked about doing it, that got me interested in cutting down my own barrel. Ill try to find it.

Ive cut down a couple barrels and i used the pipe cutter but just to get a good, squared, straight line started. Then opened it up with a small fine triangle file. Then just cut it off with a hack saw or air powered cutoff wheel. Lastly i used a dremel to cleanup the new muzzle and re-crown it. Took a few hours. There is a thread from a year or 2 ago where another member talked about doing it, that got me interested in cutting down my own barrel. Ill try to find it.

Thanks man. I appreciate your insight.

Latest posts

Back