Do you have a BP pistol or revolver?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Should we have a section for BP hand guns?

• Yes, they are so cool, i love them!

Votes: 17 89.5%
  • No, hand guns are bad and scary!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Git off my lawn!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Huh?

Votes: 2 10.5%

• Total voters
Reaction score
Do you have a black powder pistol or revolver? I have 2 Ruger old army revolvers. Would you like to have a separate section just for all the cool old handguns? I would, for sure! But it is well known that i suffer(enjoy) from mental issues. :dance::wall::bang:

I don’t have one but probably will eventually. I’d read posts in a handgun section. I’d like a .45 inline handgun but haven’t crossed paths with one yet. For some reason black powder revolvers have never interested me enough to buy one, probably because I’m most interested in guns I wood hunt something with.

CVA Optima V2 pistol, and a 209x50 pistol barrel on a Encore handgun frame, here. I like that idea of a pistol forum.

I don’t have one but probably will eventually. I’d read posts in a handgun section. I’d like a .45 inline handgun but haven’t crossed paths with one yet. For some reason black powder revolvers have never interested me enough to buy one, probably because I’m most interested in guns I wood hunt something with.
My ROA is well capable of killing deer at crossbow ranges. Some say as far as 50 yards. Some inline pistol shooters will reach out much farther.

Also, my first time out with a bp Rem 1858 was so much fun. You can't have a bad time shooting them.

Last edited:
My ROA is well capable of killing deer at crossbow ranges. Some say as far as 50 yards. Some inline pistol shooters will reach out much farther.
I’d have to use it in the regular, bucks only, firearms season here. I have enough trouble killing a buck here without the extra degree of difficulty!

I have a 58 that shoots awesome. Shoots better than most of my CF handguns. I have a 36 that was given to me but I haven't shot it much. I tried conical's in the Rem 58 and the RB shoots way better. I even got a 45 colt long cylinder for it but there still not as good as the RB.

Too bad it's a no go here to use muzzleloader revolvers for hunting. It might be fun to mess around with 'em for target fun, but there's seems to be not enough time to shoot what I've already have.

I’d have to use it in the regular, bucks only, firearms season here. I have enough trouble killing a buck here without the extra degree of difficulty!
Not just for hunting. I always carry one of my ROAs whether bow, ML, or shotgunning. But they are also a blast to target shoot and more than adequate for personal defense. You can pistol whip someone if it missfires (which mine don't do), too. It's a beast of a gun. I have a conversion for one of mine.

Oh yes, here's mine.

K3rTO8C.jpg

Back