Doc White RIP

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just wish I could have talked him into building that 8 bore I kissed him about,
Fair seas and warm grass Doc

My condolences , i bought a couple off Doc , always very helpful, we always joked about gettin a look in his garage cause he kept findin stuff. Lol RIP Doc ....lucky you Ed gettin to hunt with him

In honor of Doc's memory, I got to my range this morning at 8 AM before it got too hot and shot several of my White M97 and M98 muzzleloaders. It was a great morning before it started to get too hot. I now have my M98 and 3 of my grandson's M97 rifles sighted in to be 1" low at 100 and 1" high at 75 yds. I have two more to sight in. Now to try and get my grandsons to come over and help me clean them. 🤞:(

Doc is definitely going to be missed and I have to wonder if this is an end to being able to buy new White Rifles put together by Doc from pieces left over.
I didn’t have a lot of personal dealings with that but when I did talk to him he was always more than willing to give me the advice & help I needed.

RIP Doc

Greg

I bought a Super 91 shortly after they became available, Early ones had the side swing safety and are rare. I have owned and still own some that were hand built by Doc including the M90 which was a part of the original 60 that Doc built. I had a Model 91 for awhile which seen improvements and became the Super 91 of which I have owned several. I have a Super 91 style one of a kind in .366 cal. Also the Grand Alaskan in 54 cal. I had a lot of communication with Doc through the years and very much regret that I never made it to Roosevelt to meet him in person. Doc still thought enough of me to let me be the next proud owner of the very first M98 Elite Hunter serial #00001 which was presented to Doc. It’s in several pictures with Doc. That rifle had been to Africa twice, Canada, and all over the United States, and taken so many critters, I cant name them all without the list that Doc emailed to me after receiving the rifle. The last one I got was the experimental model Thunderbolt. Mostly like the final production model but with a slightly different bolt and brazed on handle. Very smooth and looks factory. Doc will be dearly missed by us all. May God’s Love and Grace be with his family in this time of great loss.

I am fortunate to have a couple of his in-lines and a committee of safety musket he built early on. Thanks Doc.
Nit Wit

I met Doc at Friendship several years ago during the Manufacturer's Shoot. Very nice gentleman who never missed an opportunity to share his knowledge. I don't believe Doc ever met a stranger. RIP Doc....

Doc was a good man. Never met him but corresponded with him thru email half a dozen times or so. I bought some parts from him and picked his brain.

One time, years ago at the range I was getting ready to shoot my White .54 cal Bison. My buddies made fun of me when they saw the 535 gr conicals I pulled out to load. They were tight lipped and astonished after seeing the one hole group they produced.
Doc made a damn good gun.

Last edited:
Just got a package from FedEx. It’s the Super91 I sent to Doc for accurizing, a week or so before he passed. I was trying to think of when to make the awkward condolences and ask for my rifle back before the October season, when it just showed up with a nice note from his widow. Class act of a family, I wish there were more folks like them in the world.

Back