Doc White

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matthew323

Reaction score
Just letting everyone know that DOC is very busy with his medical practice vis-a-vis the Covid-19 crisis.

This has cut drastically into the amount of time each day that he can devote to muzzleloading in any form. He told me several mimutes ago that he can only average 1.5 hours per day, down from 3-4 hours per day pre-Covid on m-l.

My Optima V2 pistol, the laminated blank for the Javelina stocks, and all of the parts to complete the job are still sitting on his bench, waiting for his attention.

I knew that I might have to wait until next year, when I first called him to propose the job; so I am neither angry, or disappointed.

Just a heads up on case you are already in Doc's queue, or are contemplating having him do some kind of work for you.

Unless you are purchasing a gun that is already built, new or used, be prepared for a wait.

I find it inspiring and amazing that an 84 year old man, that has probably paid his dues many times over, still wants to practice medicine, hunt, be a family man, build muzzleloaders (traditional & inline), repair guns, and have a life with his wife. It says a lot about his character.

Latest posts

Back