Doe kills hawk

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I actually saw a muley doe chase a coyote one time. He ducked and dodged through a couple hundred yards of sage brush, but she stayed on him, until they both went out of sight. I wouldn't have believed it, if I hadn't seen it myself.

Every once in a while the prey turns the table on the predators.

We sold a bicycle to a man that rode with his friend on their racing bikes, on a regular basis on country roads in the early morning before work. One day he came in to tell us that his buddy who was riding in front of him that morning had been attacked, gored, and seriously injured by a large male whitetail deer that had come out of the brush/trees on the side of the road, with its head/antlers down, and just plowed into the side of the man at full speed. Took him completely across the 2-lane road into the ditch on the opposite side of the road. It took the guy's buddy smashing the buck with his racing bike across the buck's back to get the deer to stop, and run off into the forest.

Serious penetrating injuries, infection, and months of recovery before he could walk again.

Wow that was a crazy video!!!

I did see a rabbit or small animal run back into the woods after the doe attacked. When predator calling its not uncommon for the deer to take and interest. Ill bet the rabbit was squealing and the does instinct kick in, so it went to save the victim (squealing rabbit). Hawk took a serious whippen.

In the 1950s a West Virginia rural mailman driving his route shot a huge buck that was eating apples under a tree. The rifle was a .25-20. The buck jumped the fence and attacked the mailman. Luckily a hunter drove by and killed the buck. The mailman was wearing a heavy coat and was not badly hurt.

Yeah, if I were the President I would require every citizen to be proficient in the use of a handgun. You know, just in case of being attacked by a deer or wild animal. 😁

Back