Does this look right?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shorty

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Supporting member
Reaction score
trying to mount scope on super safari. The super 91 book is the same for the super safari i was told. Anyhow the book calls for these mountsF96DE6DC-A9C3-4C8F-996F-47E7FF3C3987.png

Looks like you have them bass ackwards. Throw a small level on there. Better yet, maybe if you ask you might get someone here to part with a set of the Warne steel bases.

My personal opinion is the base on the left needs to be moved to the location on the reciever where the two screw holes are still exposed. Im thinking the holes your using may be for the rear sight.

Just talked to Marlowe Richards and i have them setting correctly. That that was an option out of the white W book. We both agreed bases do not belong on the barrel and that there are better bases out there. Shopping now, thank you all….

The #46 is taller, and accounts for the height difference in the barrel diameter and the action. I mounted mine on my .451 Whitetail on the same front holes on the barrel.

You can locate the scope farther forward. I like it like that. More eye relief, you can center the turrets instead of having them crammed up against forward ring.

I have my scope off of my Super now, (fitted it with a Lyman 57 and a Williams Wester Precision fiber optic front globe for a potential elk hunt), but if I ever put it back on, it will go in the forward position.

I have a custom G series in .410 that I had built this summer, it's going back to the gunsmith to drill and tap the forward holes. YMMV.

The #46 is taller, and accounts for the height difference in the barrel diameter and the action. I mounted mine on my .451 Whitetail on the same front holes on the barrel.

You can locate the scope farther forward. I like it like that. More eye relief, you can center the turrets instead of having them crammed up against forward ring.

I have my scope off of my Super now, (fitted it with a Lyman 57 and a Williams Wester Precision fiber optic front globe for a potential elk hunt), but if I ever put it back on, it will go in the forward position.

I have a custom G series in .410 that I had built this summer, it's going back to the gunsmith to drill and tap the forward holes. YMMV.
Thank you Trickyricky, I thought about that also. I have never seen a scope sit on a barrel and receiver at the same time. That really has been bugging the heck out of me deciding which way to go. I finally figured out that i would buy the number 11 base and stay upon the receiver with both bases. I have some Burris quick detachable Z rings that i will mount the scope to. I also have a lyman 57 sme coming with front fiber optics. I figure to use the scope to sight it in, then take it off and see if i can hit anything with the 57 and fiber optic front. I too want that elk with the great White Super Safari…ty shorty

Just a heads up. Most stocks have to be relieved for the Lyman, but mine DID NOT. Look closely at the screw holes through the sight base. In my case, the were so close that I took a file to the bottom of ther sight base, took about .015-.020 off of the side nearest the barrel, and it went on. I would have notched the scope if necessary, but it wasn't in this case.

1675521625163.png
1675521664157.png

Just a heads up. Most stocks have to be relieved for the Lyman, but mine DID NOT. Look closely at the screw holes through the sight base. In my case, the were so close that I took a file to the bottom of ther sight base, took about .015-.020 off of the side nearest the barrel, and it went on. I would have notched the scope if necessary, but it wasn't in this case.

View attachment 30822
View attachment 30823
i wish i had done it that way, in stead of notching the stock.

Back