Encore muzzleloader

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rlsmith

Reaction score
Real black powder and sabots. I know before anyone says try Blacktown 209 I have it and have been using it for years I just like real black and would like to try it I am using a encore and as far as cleaning that's is easy I don't find it any harder than using the other stuff thoughts about using real black.

I can’t speak for Sabots as i have NO EXPERIENCE with them, Nor do i have experience with the Encore Muzzleloader. But i can tell you that Real Blackpowder (Swiss 2F) works STELLAR in a Knight Mountaineer inline Rifle, This i DO have Experience with :lewis:

The Downside i Came Across using Swiss Real Blackpowder was Breech Plugs Seizing TIGHT after a Lot of Shooting, like 10 Shots and More, i shot up to 20 Shots on a Few occasions, those trips my Breech Plug SEIZED TIGHT :), I used Knight’s Breech Plug Grease, and i did so LIBERALLY!! The Plug would Stil Seize up Tight. I had no problems with my average 6-8 Shots, The Plug would be Tight, But i could always Get it :lewis: Anything more than 10 Shots and i had to use a Clamp Setup to Hold the Barreled action so i could get Leverage on the Ratchet, I would Also Steam Clean the Breech Plug Fairly Warm/Hot, this Helped a BUNCH! Though Seized Breech Plugs were NOT Difficult to Remove with MY Particular Setup, It added another Step/Pain to deal with

My Mountaineer at 600 Yards, out Playing 1 morning :lewis: Accuracy with Swiss Real Blackpowder was AWESOME!! There is GOOD reason it is Used by WORLD CLASS Competition Shooters out to 1,000-1,200 Yards, it WINS!

Typical accuracy from my Knight Mountaineer inline with Real Blackpowder (Swiss 2F)
kKGcFlcl.jpg

And my Setup for Securing/Holding inline Barreled Actions so i Could Remove SEIZED Breech Plugs WITHOUT Marring the Finish
EOId86y.jpg

Back