Enjoy

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Been awhile...... The Metformin caused me a ship load of issues and they removed me from that FINELY.
Next up came a weekly injection of Bydureon. Three injections of that and I had a major reaction to it that required an urgent trip to the doc. No more of that.
So now I'm injecting again, this time Trulicity. So far after 2 injections there's been no reaction.

Glad you are doing better.

Been awhile...... The Metformin

Metformin is bad stuff. For years the doctor had me on 500 mg of Metformin twice daily. Finally i stopped taking the morning pill. Much of the diarrhea went away and my AlC stayed at 6.5.

i have Schmidt's syndrome, My adrenal glands conked out in 1969, thyroid in 1988 and i became diabetic in about 2008. In spite of that stuff i'm doing well enough at age 82.

So now I'm injecting again, this time Trulicity.

For about ten years i took an injection of Victoza daily. Then the fine folks at Tri-Care refused to renew my prescription because it cost too much. So i went on Trulicity, which has worked very well.

Glad you are doing better.
Metformin is bad stuff. For years the doctor had me on 500 mg of Metformin twice daily. Finally i stopped taking the morning pill. Much of the diarrhea went away and my AlC stayed at 6.5.
i have Schmidt's syndrome, My adrenal glands conked out in 1969, thyroid in 1988 and i became diabetic in about 2008. In spite of that stuff i'm doing well enough at age 82.
For about ten years i took an injection of Victoza daily. Then the fine folks at Tri-Care refused to renew my prescription because it cost too much. So i went on Trulicity, which has worked very well.

Getting old isn't for the weak. That Metformin about tore me up, but the reaction I had to the Bydureon was really bad.
I've been taking hydrocortisone tabs for a number of years now for a lack of cortisol, which had dropped to .3 (point 3), also an adrenal problem. Been on the thyroid meds for at least 10yrs now too. Then of course I also have a rare blood cancer, Polycythemia Vera.
I'm really hoping that this Trulicity works and I have no reactions from it.

How's Mrs. Encore50A feeling these days?
Thanks for asking.....

She's doing IMO great. There isn't any PT yet, other than a couple exercises they want her to do. They can't help until the surgeon allows more movement in her knee, plus just some slight weight on it. Once she can bend the knee more, then she's in for an awakening LOL.
I have to run her back down to the surgeon next Thursday and he'll x-ray the knee/leg and make his determination on PT then.
Other than a long road ahead, she's doing pretty good. She wanted to go to one of her favorite places to eat Thursday, her birthday. She enjoyed the day.

Encore Hope all turns out well I have had a severe sore throat off and on for two years Have seen many doctors none could give me a reason why Finally saw a doctor who said It's coming from my neck I had 3 vertebra fused about 10 years ago from an accident I had in the police department He further stated surgery is the only answer but your my age they will not operate I asked so what am I supposed to do deal with the pain he replied yes So it 10MG oxzecodone and lay down Old age sucks

Had L3-L4 fused last February. Since then the outer part of my right leg, below my knee, is completely numb. The inside of my right shin and my knee feels like a swarm of stinging sweat bees intermittently getting after me every day/night. For those of you who are also baby boomers, you may remember Chester (Dennis Weaver), before Festus (Ken Curtis) joined the show, from the early half-hour episodes of Gunsmoke in late 50's. Anyway he had a pronounced limp (of course he'd switch legs every once in a while to keep us viewers honest). Good wholesome TV, unlike much of the crap now. Well, I've been walking like Chester this year and now my back is flaring up again. They say L4-L5 this time, and a herniated disc in my neck to boot! Likely won't be hunting this year again. Aahhh, good times, good times... Next step, electro-stimulus (tens unit type) wires installed for trial. If that doesn't cut it, possible more surgery. Damned doctors think they know me better than me...

Thanks for asking.....

She's doing IMO great. There isn't any PT yet, other than a couple exercises they want her to do. They can't help until the surgeon allows more movement in her knee, plus just some slight weight on it. Once she can bend the knee more, then she's in for an awakening LOL.
I have to run her back down to the surgeon next Thursday and he'll x-ray the knee/leg and make his determination on PT then.
Other than a long road ahead, she's doing pretty good. She wanted to go to one of her favorite places to eat Thursday, her birthday. She enjoyed the day.
We need an update on both of you guys.

We need an update on both of you guys.
Thanks for asking.

The wife is doing, IMO, excellent for all the damage that was done. She's had two PT sessions and follows their directions to the "T". She has exercises to do and she normally does 3x what they ask for a minimum. The surgeon has allowed FULL range of motion of the knee, which will be weeks and 50% weight. IIRC she starts 100% weight maybe next week. She has a positive attitude about healing but, is also very cautious. She isn't taking any medications, not even a Tylenol and hasn't for a long time now. She is also attempting and doing more things in the house. For instance, she just took her walker into the kitchen and is making a couple salads for supper tonight. :)
She has a LONG way to go though. I kept thinking that she had 7 fractures but actually it was 8. I'm just SO GLAD that she didn't break her hip.

Myself............... For anyone that knows, doing yours, theirs and also taking care of them takes a toll. Without going back and reading... I'll just say that the doc put me on Bydureon injections that were once a week. The first two injections were nothing, however the third injection sent me directly into the doctor's office. I've never had hives in my life but, I ended up one solid hive from that medication. Something in it I was extremely allergic to and that stopped immediately. Doc gave me two prescriptions, one for itch and another to combat the hives and reaction. I'll just say this........... It WAS NOT pleasant. I had to wait until all evidence of the hives were completely gone and they started me on Trulicity. I'm 3 weekly injections is with zero side affects.
Up until the other day, I'll just say I've been feeling pretty bad. I contacted the doc's office and they got me right in. They took enough blood to check everything out. I started gaining weight again, so he put me on an appetite suppressant and also a very low dose of Zoloft. He mentioned that under the circumstances he believes I have a slight case of situational depression going on. Fatigue is the plague.
So, slight situational depression, Polycythemia Vera, type 2 diabetes, very low cortisol levels and yes, I'm tired. Fatigue is the plague..........
My knee isn't doing well and the normal shots are no longer working. I'm on a different series of weekly shots in the knee and have two more coming. If this series doesn't give some relief, he mentioned another shot but was uncertain if it would be covered by insurance. I told him to just get me through until the wife is healed, then we'll likely do a knee replacement.

Attitudes are positive, which is always helpful.

Encore thanks for the update. Keep up the fight. Take it easy on the wife🥴. Hope the Doc gets your medications sorted out.
I'm understanding the situational depression myself after having an aneurysm in July while in the midst of a complete house remodel and I have "slightly" lost interest in getting it completed as my body and mind haven't fully recovered from the experience.

Back