Enjoy

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Remarkably I had a decent night's sleep while setting up in the chair with a bib LOL Ears bother me slightly but at least my eyes don't feel like they're going to pop out. Took some decongestant at 4am which I believe is helping with the pressure.
Sat on the porch for awhile having hot coffee with the wife watching it get daylight and it felt great with temps at 51°. If things don't worsen I should make it through the weekend fairly well. I sure as heck hope they can fix and stop this.

How’d today go? You bored with taking it easy yet?

How’d today go? You bored with taking it easy yet?

Well thank you for asking.
On and off naps seemed in order today. Some short, but naps anyway.

Things kinda went a little haywire this afternoon. I didn't realize it, I guess its because I don't have a habit of looking into a mirror, but I started sneezing pretty uncontrollable. Of course I was told that if I sneezed to make sure I did it with the mouth fully open. I finally figured out what I believed was causing all the sneezing. The balloon had shifted and actually appeared to have moved out 1/2 to 3/4". Yeah, I had to look into the mirror to notice that.

Of course I didn't identify that until just after 5pm, after every doctors office was closed. The wife suggested that I contact BCBS on the nurse line, so I did. Eliminating all those boring details, It took a number of phone calls across the state, but I finally talked to a ENT doctor on call in Petoskey. Fortunately its not bleeding and his instructions are to "Set on your ass, do nothing and enjoy a few days of absolutely nothing." He explained that IF it were to come out and I don't start bleeding, continue to do absolutely nothing. Go to the office apt. on Tuesday. However IF it starts bleeding, then head to the ER for another balloon.
While I was on the phone with the doc, he asked me to gently, with one finger, cautiously push the end back in the nose. It went but moved back to its last position. However, moving it did stop the uncontrollable sneezing. So I've been following his directions and setting squarely on my ass doing nothing. Figured I'd pick up this computer and see what else is going on in the world.
I will say that I've been lucky with no headaches, my teeth quit hurting and my eyes feel almost normal again. Boy I hope they can fix this soon.

Another morning from hell :(

About 5 minutes after getting up, the nose bleed started again. So the wife makes another trip with me to ER. Long story short, the balloon that was working its way out ended up being the problem. It was breaking things up which was causing all the blood. The ER doc removed it and after making me blow my nose, the bleeding stopped. He made me wait almost an hour to be sure it didn't start up again, then sent me home.... balloon free :)
I can assure you, I feel SO much better without that balloon in my nose. Hope things stay calm until I can see the ENT on Tuesday.
Instructions haven't changed........ don't do a damn thing until I see the ENT.

Well 3 of 4 really bad spots were cauterized this morning. The 4th and the worse, is deep in back and must be done at the main office and may end up having to be done at the hospital. No bending, lifting more than 12#, etc, etc..... Oh I did ask about shooting and was flat out and quite frankly told, "NO!"
But they're getting a handle on it thank Goodness. Best case... just one more trip across the state.

Hoping you get this under control soon so you can get back to a regular routine. Sounds like they will have you hooked up in no time.

Been away again and just got caught back up with you boys here. Sorry you're going through it Encore. As was said earlier, it's hell to get old. However, there does seem to be a correlation between you sitting on your a$$, doing nothing and getting better so more of the same for you! Enjoy that hot coffee and cooler temperatures some more until they get that bleeding shut down for good! We need you as this place wouldn't be the same without ya!

Hoping that this gets fixed soon and we’ll be reading your posts about a successful hunting season!

Any news yet on getting the last spot taken care of yet? You are in my thoughts and prayers and wishing you the absolute best outcome.

Any news yet on getting the last spot taken care of yet? You are in my thoughts and prayers and wishing you the absolute best outcome.
Heading across the state Monday for hopefully the last time.
Best case is, they repair it right there. If they feel they can't, then they have to schedule it at the hospital for surgery.

In reading the previous posts I would also like to be added to those whom are wishing you well and to better health fellow muzzle loader friend.
Though brought together by this forum , we are a group of kindred spirits that are delighted at ones success and have as in your case, empathy.
Wishing you the best of care and health.

Well before I could make the coffee this morning, the nose started bleeding, again. I was able with a lot of work get it to stop. So off we go to Petoskey.
Doc and his PA comes in and I tell him what happened this morning. When he goes to check... BAM.. bleeding starts and he says, "We'll stop that." Yeah, twice.

He told me....... "If you can bare with me on this, I believe we can fix it without hospital surgery but, you'll have to bare with me." DO IT DOC!

After trying to numb my nose with a cotton ball with anesthetic, twice and it not working, out came a rigging syringe that looked like a turkey baster and a needle about 6" long. Talk about something that STINGS LIKE A SOB! DAMN!!!! So he tells me it takes 20 minutes for it to work and he'd be back. So he comes back 20 minutes later, attempts to work in my nose and he hears me say, OUCH.
SOB! MORE SHOTS! He had to perform that whole thing over a second time. Damn it, I held on and made it through it. Hospital surgery isn't what I want.

Now let me say this............ When they start hooking up ground wires on big patches to you, there's no doubt what's coming next.

I can assure you 100%, if you were to have wet feet and go out back and bite the hot wire on the electric fence, you'll get a mild dose of what I went through!

I'm telling you......... THE SPARKS JUMPED FROM MY TOP TEETH TO THE BOTTOM TEETH! ELECTRICTY FLEW IN EVERY DIRECTION FROM MY TEETH TO MY TONGUE AND BACK TO MY TEETH. MY RIGGING TOES CURLED UP SO TIGHT, I THINK I WORE ALL MY TOE NAILS OFF! ANOTHER PART OF MY BODY PUCKERED UP TIGHT ENOUGH, I WON'T RAP FOR A MONTH!

LET ME JUST MAKE THIS CLEAR.... AN EXPERIENCE IS AN UNDERSTATEMENT!

Now the good news......... He had to keep telling me to hold on and bare with it, but when he finally finished, he said, "I got it all. There's no need for hospitalization and surgery. Its fixed."
If I could have caught the guy, I'd have kissed him right on the lips. What an ordeal, but it appears things are corrected. Nose if full of antiseptic foam that dissolves by itself and I see the PA a week from tomorrow.

Yeah....... and Experience all right.

Latest posts

Back