Enjoy

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Was really hoping you got a chance to try out your new stand with your crossbow. Sorry to hear things aren't going better for you but glad they are at least improving. Hoping things improve enough by muzzleloader season that you can get out there and put some meat in the freezer at minimum.
Couldn't take it ;) Grabbed the xbow and headed down to the orchard and the new blind. Very comfortable. One of the local does with a single fawn made her way through at 28yds. She will get a pass along with another local (very friendly) doe with twins. I'm not going to run any place, but the walk was good.

Not only does time go faster, health issues just keep popping up. I have enough of my own, but have folks I worked with battling really bad stuff. Two friends are really suffering from Agent Orange exposure, others battling cancers, including some of the ladies I worked with having breast cancer.

Second time I've had a nose bleed that poured out like water from a faucet. First time it took a trip to the ER and a nose full of cocaine, yes the doc told me what they use to stop what I had actually contained cocaine :rolleyes: Sure as hell glad I didn't have to do some kind of drug test after that.
Took about a 1/4 of a roll of paper towel this morning while I let it pour into the sink. Finally got it stopped without going to ER. BP was fine this time, but not the first time.
They're scheduling a CAT to find out what contributing factors may be causing this.

Youngsters.......... take care of your health! You'll be old one day too.
Hope they figure that out... and get you mended up

That’s good news! Even being out it the blind will help you heal. Maybe just stick with the crossbow and hold off on the dinosaur loads through Dunamis lol.

CAT at 7 this morning. Knot in the calf is slowly getting better and walking is starting to become much easier.
I'll say that 2020 has been one nasty year health wise. All this started back in Feb. with a case of the common flu, even after the flu shot, along with some kind of viral sinus issue.
Its why I've been told and why I say, Enjoy your good health while you have it.

Well the knot in the calf is just about completely gone, but not totally gone.
Great news is I'm starting to taste things other than salt and sugar :)
No more nose bleeds. YAHOO!
Trying to lose some of this darn weight I gained from not tasting anything. Yeah its a chore.
Been getting into the blind with the xbow and seeing a few does and fawns, but no antlers yet.
Unfortunately........... the wife came down with vertigo. She had a couple really BAD days until she seen the doc and got some medications. She's been doing great and not having to take daily meds.
Enjoy your youth and health while you can.

Well the knot in the calf is just about completely gone, but not totally gone.
Great news is I'm starting to taste things other than salt and sugar :)
No more nose bleeds. YAHOO!
Trying to lose some of this darn weight I gained from not tasting anything. Yeah its a chore.
Been getting into the blind with the xbow and seeing a few does and fawns, but no antlers yet.
Unfortunately........... the wife came down with vertigo. She had a couple really BAD days until she seen the doc and got some medications. She's been doing great and not having to take daily meds.
Enjoy your youth and health while you can.

I know what Vertigo is all about, i have spells almost Daily, Sometimes i get by for a few days without having one. Certain things seem to Bring it on more (going from Warm out to Cold. Laughing, and visiting with some and all of a Sudden HERE IT COMES) They are BRUTAL, I have them alot of times just sitting in my Chair looking on my Tablet, I never know when they are gonna happen? They just come on. If i am Standing and one comes on, I IMMEDIATELY have to Kneel Down or i will Fall, I Sometimes even Vomit from it. BAD STUFF!!

Lewis, there are many health issues that have symptoms very much like vertigo that are serious ailments. I think I'd be checking in with a doctor.

Glad to hear things are progressing well for you, George. Glad to hear things are working out for the missus as well. Have spent a good bit of time at the doctors myself these last three weeks but still marching on. At least you are able to spend some time in your new blind and it won't be long and Dunamis will be at your side. Muzzleloader season opens here the Saturday after next and I am like a kid before Christmas. Good luck on the antlers.

Lewis, there are many health issues that have symptoms very much like vertigo that are serious ailments. I think I'd be checking in with a doctor.

Lew, sounds like good advice to me. It sure can't hurt to get a second opinion!

George, glad to hear things seem to be getting better and you are still able to go out and hunt! Sounds like you are on the road to good health again!

Well the results of the CAT indicate additional and more intense surgery is required :(

They have to open up the nasal area, procedure #1, then proceedure #2, each one of the 8 different sinus openings have to be enlarged with a stent or balloon of some kind. Fortunately both procedures can be done at the same time.
Still not over this ordeal, but hopefully this will fix the sinus issues.

Not sure if you can catch a break or not, George. Will they be able to wait until after hunting season or is this something they are going to do right away?

Not sure if you can catch a break or not, George. Will they be able to wait until after hunting season or is this something they are going to do right away?
I have no clue when, but I'm under the impression that its going to be sooner rather than later, as I've already signed the papers. I do need to get this completely under total control though and if that means missing an opening day, well I'll just have to miss it.

Surgeon called today and took his time discussing options and what the surgery would be/do.
Its going to be a 4hr surgery, but after I'll be able to go home unless something bad happens.
He said his scheduler would be starting the process and it takes about 2wks for all the insurance approvals.
Yup, its going to be opening day of our general season here in MI.

Prayers Encore and wishes for a speedy recovery.

Good luck George. I hate hearing this. Really hope this last go round with the doc fixes it. Will keep you in my prayers.

Got a couple health battles myself atm and in my family too. Now with the NY Restricted States travel crap I am real afraid my annual Deer hunting trip to OH is going to be canceled. :mad: If it is would be the first season I missed in 37 years.

Sorry to hear of all your Troubles ENCORE, Me and the Wife will send up a Prayer for ya, Be TOUGH N STUBBORN, get through, and done with this Stuff! :lewis:

S-DAY TOMORROW!

Not sure how this is all going to shake out, but sure hope it fixes once and for all these sinus issues. Thanks for all the well wishes.
From start to finish for me, it'll be no more than a nap. The wife however will have a LONG day. 4hr surgery plus prep and recovery and they don't allow anyone in the surgery center with patients because of covid.
At least NASCAR (she's a fan) radio is free on XM radio now so that will help. The sudoko stuff and books will help.

AND...... all the smart ask people in the family came out of the woodwork.
Example: My little sister tells me to tell them not to let me lose any intelligence. What's that supposed to mean??? ;)

Septoplasty/Turbinate Reduction and Balloon Sinuplasty.

THANK YOU again for all the well wishes and support. Like the title says.... Enjoy

Latest posts

Back