Enjoy

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
George, you were in my prayers last night and in my thoughts today. Hoping everything went smoothly and you experience a most rapid recovery my friend. Will be keeping you in my prayers and an eye out for an update.

Unless its life or death, don't have this surgery!!!!

Believe me when I say I had no clue of what I was getting into and how sore I would be. Not only is everything on my face sore, air moving around it hurts. I've had a migraine headache the likes that have never been witnessed before on earth and, add to that congestion beyond what any human should ever deal with.
I can't breathe through my nose at all, so all breathing is done by mouth and of course that dries me out to no end, then add to the misery all the tubes that were in my throat and lungs makes it that much worse. I'm not going to sugar coat this at all............. DON'T DO IT!

I thank God for my wife, who has had to step up and take care of just about everything, while taking care of me. I can not bend for 8 weeks, no lifting, no pushing with just about all I'm allowed to do is set on my ask and let this mess heal. Its been all I can do to keep from crying, which would have just made matters worse.
My sleep is 10min, wake up and take a sip of something to easy my dry throat, then maybe 10min again.

Oh believe me............ its much, much, much worse than it sounds.

Late last night I may have came up on a hump. I'm feeling well enough now to at least pick up the computer.

Well that sounds absolutely terrible but glad to hear you made it through. Hang in there.

Was hoping for better news but I guess the only good thing is that you are on this side of it. Wishing you a quick recovery.

I'm rooting for you here in Washington, and taking Thanksgiving a little more seriously this year.
Craig

I feel for you. I had the Septoplasty, Turbinate Reduction, and a Uvulectomy done almost two years ago. Thoughts and Prayers headed your way.
Please tell me there's a light at the end of the tunnel. Did the procedures correct all your issues???
I'm doing a world better this morning, even with all the remaining "items" in my nose and sinus. I get all that removed tomorrow morning, which can't come soon enough.

Wow, that’s an incredible story. I read a couple of your posts and had to go all the way back to to initial post.
I didn’t see your age anywhere but you are right about what a gift good health is.
Last December 20th I’m eating an egg McMuffin at work before punching in and I feel nauseated. I stop eating. A minute later I’m paralyzed from the waste down. Not able to move feet or toes at all. That lasts about a minute and goes away. Still nauseated I punch in but don’t feel right. After an hour I drive home, just to embarrassing to vomit at work. I get home and my retired RN wife was luckily home. She said I looked dead gray. I said let me sit for 10 or 15 minutes before calling paramedics. She said to herself “yeah right”. I end up on a helicopter to Cleveland Clinic main campus with a dissected aorta. It head two slits in it each about 3/4” long. Fortunately it’s a three layered tube of sorts. 11 hours of surgery and a dacron tube replacing the original equipment.
10 weeks off work and resume normal living with a weight limitation.
I was pretty sure an air rifle was my option to keep shooting but I’m fortunate even my CVA Paramount is tolerable.
All the best to your recovery. By comparison, other than my wife saving my life, my ordeal was easy. Prayers your way.

Wow, that’s an incredible story. I read a couple of your posts and had to go all the way back to to initial post.
I didn’t see your age anywhere but you are right about what a gift good health is.
Last December 20th I’m eating an egg McMuffin at work before punching in and I feel nauseated. I stop eating. A minute later I’m paralyzed from the waste down. Not able to move feet or toes at all. That lasts about a minute and goes away. Still nauseated I punch in but don’t feel right. After an hour I drive home, just to embarrassing to vomit at work. I get home and my retired RN wife was luckily home. She said I looked dead gray. I said let me sit for 10 or 15 minutes before calling paramedics. She said to herself “yeah right”. I end up on a helicopter to Cleveland Clinic main campus with a dissected aorta. It head two slits in it each about 3/4” long. Fortunately it’s a three layered tube of sorts. 11 hours of surgery and a dacron tube replacing the original equipment.
10 weeks off work and resume normal living with a weight limitation.
I was pretty sure an air rifle was my option to keep shooting but I’m fortunate even my CVA Paramount is tolerable.
All the best to your recovery. By comparison, other than my wife saving my life, my ordeal was easy. Prayers your way.
I'm a youngster at 69.

When I was working the janitor that cleaned my office and I were friends. He kept my office cleaned and had a place to "escape" for a nap if needed. LOL
A guy came through a couple times a week with burritos that everyone would buy. Best stuff ever. Anyway that morning John and I finished our burritos and were just talking hunting, when he started coughing. A really bad cough. He mentioned he must have gotten some of the hot sauce down the wrong hole. His coughing didn't stop and then he complained about his elbows hurting him like hell. He didn't look good and yup, kind of gray too. The shortened version........... he was having a heart attack. The plant nurse took over and he was sent to ER. Coughing and hurting elbows and was having the big one!?? He made it 5yrs before he had his last IIRC he was 48.

Please tell me there's a light at the end of the tunnel. Did the procedures correct all your issues???
I'm doing a world better this morning, even with all the remaining "items" in my nose and sinus. I get all that removed tomorrow morning, which can't come soon enough.

Yes, there is.
When the doctor pulled out my nasal stents, I had never breathed so easy through my nose.

I'm a youngster at 69.

When I was working the janitor that cleaned my office and I were friends. He kept my office cleaned and had a place to "escape" for a nap if needed. LOL
A guy came through a couple times a week with burritos that everyone would buy. Best stuff ever. Anyway that morning John and I finished our burritos and were just talking hunting, when he started coughing. A really bad cough. He mentioned he must have gotten some of the hot sauce down the wrong hole. His coughing didn't stop and then he complained about his elbows hurting him like hell. He didn't look good and yup, kind of gray too. The shortened version........... he was having a heart attack. The plant nurse took over and he was sent to ER. Coughing and hurting elbows and was having the big one!?? He made it 5yrs before he had his last IIRC he was 48.
65 here and should be good for a few thousand more miles. ;)

Yes, there is.
When the doctor pulled out my nasal stents, I had never breathed so easy through my nose.
OH MY! First, I had no clue how large those nasal stents were and yes, I'm already breathing through my nose like never before.
Headache from all the work this morning but the Norco is helping with that.

Still not a bed of roses.........

Yesterday I had way to many problems with pain to tolerate so I called the ENT. I am positive I'd been beaten in the head with a ball bat, had an eye that felt like it was going to pop out, along with a lot of tooth pain. I thought my head would explode. So the ENT tells me to stop taking the pain meds and replace it with Tylenol ??? Ok, I'll follow directions. It took about 2hrs, but things started getting much better to the point where I could tolerate it. After about 3hrs I was starting to feel pretty damn good, compared. After the second dose of Tylenol things got really good. I actually had my first decent nights sleep since before surgery :) I'm starting to understand now why they mentioned a minimum of 8wks of recovery.

There will be no muzzleloader season this year for me. I'm in no condition to shoot a rifle of any kind, with any charge. No way I could take care of an animal even if I could get off a shot. Just not going to happen this year. I have enough problems trying to put on a T-shirt and not touch my nose.

Glad that you got to participate a little bit before the surgery and got some meat in the freezer. Glad to hear things are improving and wishing you a most rapid recovery.

Back