Euroarms 1863 Remington

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Was at Dixon's today and spotted this BRUTE of a rifle.
She's nicely put together and in virtually new condition. Got the rifle, bayonet, frog and scabbed for $325. I have molds for .58 minies and I think this one will be reserved for BIG critters and when I feel like rolling paper ca'tridges like I used to when I was in the A.N.V.( 1st Texas Vol. Infy)
Her lock is nice and tight and the trigger pull is quite good. Inside edge of the hammer is stamped ANZO.
I did a quick check on the rifling and the rod made a 1/2 turn in 24 inches, so I'm guessing a 1-48, even though adds say 1-66.
She is heavy though. That will help with recoil!
Anyone out there shooting one of these? Her bore will just take a .575213 and I'm hoping those will shoot well.
Hope I got a good deal...

I was just at Dixon's over the weekend. Unfortunately, I had the wife with me and just had enough time to pick up a couple hundred #11 RWS caps and didn't have the time to look around. Then I made the long trip to Lancaster as the little woman wanted to go shopping there.:(

So close... Bummer you didn't get to look around.
I cast some 575213OS last night. Forgot what a PAIN casting a minie can be...
Will lube with SPG and fling a few with a service charge ( 60gr 2f Swiss) just to see how things go.
Given that she's every bit of 9 pounds (!), I don't expect recoil to be an issue.
Fingers crossed!

You should come shoot with us in the North South Skirmish Association. We compete with Civil War era guns, including artillery!

Back