Eyes need help

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Been shooting this Ruger Old Army for over 20 years, but my vision isn't as good as it used to be so i thought I'd try a scope. I got really good groups at 35 yrds off hand with 28 grns by weight Pyrodex P and a 220 grn Kaido bullet over a felt wad. This will be my pig set up and probably deer in general season next year.
roa.jpg

Also, looks like that pistol has had a bunch of rounds through it! Nice to see how old things last compared to a lot of new things! They don't build them like that anymore.

Been shooting this Ruger Old Army for over 20 years, but my vision isn't as good as it used to be so i thought I'd try a scope. I got really good groups at 35 yrds off hand with 28 grns by weight Pyrodex P and a 220 grn Kaido bullet over a felt wad. This will be my pig set up and probably deer in general season next year.
View attachment 29480
Cool smoker. :2cool:

Very nice! I'm shooting my old army, looks a little rougher than yours with the Kaido 220 bullet and 30 grn of 777, no wad. It shoots better without the wad in my pistol. I have been thinking about scoping mine. I have many single shot pistols and some extra scopes from 2x to 2x6. I will look into a scope mount.
Did you have to drill and tap some holes for the mount? I'm looking into a Weigand mount but it also has the barrel band to secure the mount.
Mike

Very nice! I'm shooting my old army, looks a little rougher than yours with the Kaido 220 bullet and 30 grn of 777, no wad. It shoots better without the wad in my pistol. I have been thinking about scoping mine. I have many single shot pistols and some extra scopes from 2x to 2x6. I will look into a scope mount.
Did you have to drill and tap some holes for the mount? I'm looking into a Weigand mount but it also has the barrel band to secure the mount.
Mike
I used a Weaver blackhawk mount. I removed the barrel band and used a shim under the only screw holding the mount to the pistol, (where original rear sight was mounted). I was a bit concerned with only one screw, but it's holding solid after 4 cylinders through it.

I used a Weaver blackhawk mount. I removed the barrel band and used a shim under the only screw holding the mount to the pistol, (where original rear sight was mounted). I was a bit concerned with only one screw, but it's holding solid after 4 cylinders through it.

I was wondering about the one screw holding it. How much did you need to shim it?

Latest posts

Back