Fat Furys

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

45-70

Reaction score
20190308_143110.jpg20190308_143110.jpg shot this today and was wondering how tight bullet should fit. these almost fell down the bore once started down from muzzle

Bob, I try to smooth size all my bullets as Jeff has suggested, to around 20-30# loading force.
When I shot the Fury 325's (now 230's) they shot exceptionally well with 23# actual measured force to load.
They loaded from the barrel end to the powder charge very consistent.

Edit... I did talk with Dennis this morning and there's the possibility of him making a thinner jacketed bullet better suited for BH shooters. I was going to order 200 of the .452" ST2 bullets, but I'll hold off some to see if he thins the jackets for BH shooters.

they weren't that tight, i really don't see how they shot at all

that is what i did , but the damn files i think are wrong ones to fine. Try again with some new bullets, got a swing-lok die coming today

You must have ordered the bullets already sized ? Its not hard to knurl the bullets up with files. There are some U tube videos on how to do it. I have a couple of Knurling tools besides files. If you keep having trouble send me your address and i will send you my hand held Knurling tool to borrow.

You will be very happy with the Swinglock. I use my sizing dies all the time. I would be lost without them.

I love my Swinglock die as well. I put off sabotless for a long time because I didn't want to have to mess with sizing. I made a bigger deal out of it than it is. It's easy to use and opens up the options for a bunch of bullets.

I can't yet speak to the FAT's as I haven't shot them. I can say that I can keep shots touching with the Star Tips. I plan to order some of the FAT's in the next few weeks to try out.

I have heard of an instance where when knurled his bullet one of the flakes from the file was imbedded in the bullet and ruined his brux barrel I would only use quality files and wire brush them to insure no flakes are on the file when they cut it inspect your bullet often Good Luck Lou

i see on the swinglock site that they offer a "significant price discount" if 10 or more of the .45 dies are ordered. i would be in for a smooth die if we had a group order.

The FAT's are were the early version of the ST2 bullets. The FAT is not offered anymore per Dennis this morning.

You are very correct .Sorry, I was thinking of the pointy tipped version, the star tip 2. Good some reason I was thinking that was the FAT.

Good looking bullet for sure. There’s just so many good choices today. I guess the only sensible thing to do is try them all!

Latest posts

Back