Favorite Bullet Weight?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Im going to be trying out these 350 soon, i hope.
View attachment 28414

Mnt Monkey turned me on to them. They look promising
Be sure to use the correct loading jag. Two reasons you don't want to damage the tip and you don't want it sticking in the jag and pulling out of the sabot.

My Bighorn likes the .502 cal, 420 grain from No Excuse. I'd be ok with less, but the gun likes what it likes. And I never feel under-gunned.

My two Whitelighting one likes 240gr XTP with sabots and the other likes 460gr conical.

When I had my CVA Optima V2 50, Barnes 45ACP 185gr. In my 45, 180 to 225gr. Resized 41mag and 40 cal. bullets.

350gr in a 45cal bullet should be great with BH209. Some guy was running RUML type loads in a pressure test setup on Dougs or Hanks and bullets over 300gr iirc. I dont think the peak ever went over 33kpsi even with hefty loads.
Wow, thats pretty cool & a little surprising too.

358-Barnes TTSX 200
410-will be 400 or so heavy lead
45-40/240 Fury QT
50-452/265 Fury STB (waiting to try the Hornady ELD-X 340)

Greg

Last year I ran across a sale on Federal Borelocks (spelling?) In 350 gr. They eere listed as seconds - loose tips. I tried them in one of my 700mls and wow did they shoot great. Easily MOA accuracy. I wish I would have bought more than 6 packs.

I tried 1 bullet in my cva. A 250gr sabot. It shot light out with it. Never shot anything else. I did buy several packs lately. Of the hornady 290gr bore driver bullets to try.

Latest posts

Back