Favorite hunting bullet

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Forget the Powerbelts I was going to use. I decided to just hunt for bear from now on. Since it's a rifle season from Sept 2-30 i'll still use the muzzy.

I've decided on the Barnes T-EZ 290gr. So, I guess that's my favorite bullet now. I'm thinking 90gr of BH.

Sideshow 5 of the 7 deer I took with the 275xpb were at a slower 2275 fps av speed with a faster burn rate powder. The bullets performed very well. I'm not sure how much lower mv they would perform at but I don't hunt anywhere that I could get much over 200yd. shots. I have killed deer with Fury bullets also and they also performed well. Over the years I have shot many different bullets and at sml speeds at the distances I hunt I would choose one of these two as a preference after that maybe 240 or 300 xtp mag.

Sideshow 5 of the 7 deer I took with the 275xpb were at a slower 2275 fps av speed with a faster burn rate powder. The bullets performed very well. I'm not sure how much lower mv they would perform at but I don't hunt anywhere that I could get much over 200yd. shots. I have killed deer with Fury bullets also and they also performed well. Over the years I have shot many different bullets and at sml speeds at the distances I hunt I would choose one of these two as a preference after that maybe 240 or 300 xtp mag.
Thanks D55 !!!

Back