Favorite venison recipes???

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One of our favorite recipes.. the "Adonis Log"

First off, we use a Sous Vide machine. Inexpensive and awesome way to prepare meat. $199 Amazon. We use this alot....

https://www.amazon.com/Anova-Precis...MIor25u-Hl_wIVgACtBh0T-gsmEAQYASABEgLK1fD_BwE
We also use a vacuum sealer.

I generally have my backstraps cut into quarters
Roll cut it using a sharp knife like the following:

Brush Olive Oil on both sides
Cut Black Olives into 1/4 pieces and set aside. The amount is per your taste buds.
We cover half the strap, length wise with the olives
Next, sprinkle either Feta or Goat Cheese pieces on top of the olives.
Then drizzle you're favorite Greek Dressing on top of the Olives and Cheese
Finally add fresh crushed black pepper. We use this sparingly.
Roll lengthwise until you have long meat roll with goodies spiraled in the center..

Rather than solely using the oven, we vacuum seal the log and submerse into sous vide system.
Set the waterbath temp to 145, so log cooks to medium rare.

It's ready to eat, but we like to do a quick rolling sear to the outside in the oven broiler.
Make this very quick lest you'll have liquid cheese out the ends of the log.
Cut in thick medallions and have a couple warm Billy Beers...
WOW.The Beverly Hillbillies and venison.You sure know how to live. :dance:

Sous Vide a seasoned or marinated backstrap is my next interest. That sounds really good.
I'm going to have to use a good freezer bag & a pot of water on the stove though.
I just finished up eating a hind quarter roast that & seasoned & bacon covered, put on the smoker with hickory then put it in a crock pot for a day. That was awesome.

Yeungling brewery is one of the oldest breweries around. I pay under $18.00 for a 24 count case, which is certainly not price gouging. They make an awesome traditional lager, which is my favorite, and a great black and tan. They are family owned and still have family values, which the other breweries just lost. I will put my money on them as the rest of the big breweries are big business and are bought off very easily
Yuengling is the oldest brewing company in America going back to 1829. Great history, still family owned and a great beer!

Grilled deer tenderloin with salt, Montreal Steak seasoning & a splash of Worcestershire. 8 min on each side & let rest . ( just like me lol )
Loaded mash taters ( instant ) mixed veggies in butter & seasoning.
It’s what’s for dinner

Attachments

• IMG_0445.jpeg
    IMG_0445.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
I'm all for trying new recipes and getting creative in the kitchen! Venison is such a versatile meat, and there are plenty of delicious ways to prepare it. One of my favorite venison dishes is a slow-cooked venison stew with root vegetables – it's hearty and perfect for colder days. But I totally get it; with two hungry kids, you might want to save on cooking time. That's when I usually order organic chicken bone broth online to use as a base for soups, stews, and sauces. It adds a rich flavor and cuts down on the prep work.

Yuengling is the oldest brewing company in America going back to 1829. Great history, still family owned and a great beer!
I used to buy a case of the returnable 16 OZ bottles for $3.29. That was before they expanded outside of the PA area. We drank a good deal of Yuengling! The Lord Chesterfield Ale is a good one.

Here's how I've been making my steaks when not on the grill.
Cut into 1" cubes. Sautee some sweet onion and minced garlic in a little oil.
Melt some butter in the pan and add steak and brown on all sides. Add a small can of drained mushrooms and when everything is heated up add a tablespoon of soy sauce and cook another minute.
Serve over mashed or a baked potato.

Latest posts

Back