Fed B.O.R. Lock MZ success

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brandonj92

Reaction score
I haven’t seen many people talk about the bor lock but man- I’m having some success with them in my Accura PR and my pedersoli Hawkens Traditional Hunter. The picture is of my Accura 3 shot groups at 100yrd. I forgot to snap a pic of the Hawkens group but it was very similar but was only shot at 50 yards since it’s an iron sight rifle.

Attachments

• 6F4A5EB5-1ABC-411E-B030-F2A881056B49.jpeg
    6F4A5EB5-1ABC-411E-B030-F2A881056B49.jpeg
    21.9 KB · Views: 23
Did I get a blem? My Accura don’t shoot anything great. I tried the BOR Locks, great concept, just don’t shoot well, as with everything I’ve tried. In all fairness though, I haven’t tried any 300 grain stuff yet, or gone over 100 gns BH209

Did I get a blem? My Accura don’t shoot anything great. I tried the BOR Locks, great concept, just don’t shoot well, as with everything I’ve tried. In all fairness though, I haven’t tried any 300 grain stuff yet, or gone over 100 gns BH209

I would say that is a rifle issue. Mine willl shoot anything half way decent, I load big heavy lead conicals and sabots alike, I was just surprised the solid copper feds shot so well in both that pedersoli and my Accura- and loaded easier- I do think my pedersoli maybe more accurate then the accrua - it’s just 3-15 scope That gives it a leg up vs a fairly large ghost ring setup. But I would definitely contact CVA if you are not getting sub 2in groups @100 with blackhorn and pretty much any good sabot setup.

Yeah you should contact CVA. My Accuras both shot(shoot) everything well, conicals and sabots. With bh209 and t7.

My first Apex was awful, I mean huge groups no matter what. After seeking advice I stepped up to 110gr BH209 (volume) & the biggest help...Harvester EZ Load smooth sabots
After that almost anything shot great

Greg

I shot a deer about three years ago 130 yard shot went down like a ton of bricks 270 gr over 90 grs bh209

Anyone check velocity and or harvest a deer with these?
I have not yet but hopefully soon- I did shoot a line of water jugs and it opened up just like the picture on the box. I think the Barnes 290 copper sabots may still be deadlier comparing expansion, but the bor locks take no effort to load and are amazingly accurate.

I recovered this Fed Bor Lok from a big doe my wife shot this year with her Traditions in line 50 cal. Distance was 55 yards. Deer was quartering slightly towards her. She made perfect shot. Bullet entered just behind front shoulder and passed thru liver to pelvic bone. Absolutely no meat damage at all (we like vension!).
Deer went down in 50 yards. I would say this is pretty good expansion! And it shoots great too!
Tis the bullet choice for her as loading is a breeze.. 270 grains in front of 90 grains Triple 7 FFF.

Attachments

• 20201226_121555_HDR(1)_InPixio.jpg
    20201226_121555_HDR(1)_InPixio.jpg
    127.6 KB · Views: 41
  • unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 41
I've purchased a number of these blister paks, and look forward to wringing them out through my Remmy 700 Ultimate. Everything I've read leads me to believe the twist rate of the barrel is just what is needed to stabilize these bullets.

I never had opportunity to take any game with it, but I had a Rem 700 Ultimate Muzzleloader for a short time a few years back and it loved the Feb BOR Lock bullets. Sub MOA at 100 and 200 yards with three (3) 777 pellets.

Wish I hadn't sold the gun :(

Regards,
Ross

Back