Federal Firestick

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
https://www.deeranddeerhunting.com/articles/deer-hunting-gear/this-is-a-muzzleloading-game-changer

I believe that blowback from the ignited powder charge will be a problem in addition to cleaning the new bullet ledge/shelf in the barrel.

One of two things are possible -
A) They're banking on the people that buy these are not people that are going to regularly clean barrels so they sell more when the barrel is ruined every year

B)They're banking on the people that buy these are not people that are going to regularly clean barrels so this new powder really is basically noncorrosive.

One of two things are possible -
A) They're banking on the people that buy these are not people that are going to regularly clean barrels so they sell more when the barrel is ruined every year

B)They're banking on the people that buy these are not people that are going to regularly clean barrels so this new powder really is basically noncorrosive.
Maybe this T8 is so clean it needs no cleaning at all. ;)

That's kind of what I'm thinking. The only way I can see this selling is if they can advertise it as a maintenance free muzzleloader. Something "easy as a shotgun" and so use this instead. To me that's what the fiddlestick looks like. I'm guessing that's the market they're trying to target? But if this powder is really that clean and will be available as loose, then I'm interested.

That's kind of what I'm thinking. The only way I can see this selling is if they can advertise it as a maintenance free muzzleloader. Something "easy as a shotgun" and so use this instead. To me that's what the fiddlestick looks like. I'm guessing that's the market they're trying to target? But if this powder is really that clean and will be available as loose, then I'm interested.
If it lights easier than bh209 and is as clean, or cleaner, it will be a winner. Unless its more $.

Since the word ‘Triple’ is still used, doubtful it’s anything new. Probably a variation of 777 that is needed since it’s encapsulated in a plastic cartridge case. Probably burns different because there’s less air available in the combustion area.

My concern unless I am missing something is that someone might remove the powder charge at night with a projectile in the barrel. In the morning put in the "powder charge" module and load another bullet. Not a double load of powder but two bullets. Some concerns. I realize a witness mark would help but less of a distance than a double load of powder and a bullet. That might stand out a bit more. Maybe just my concern.

The way I understand it, this is not legal to hunt with in MN, either. You need a breech plug, and load everything from the muzzle to hunt with it here.

Interesting concept. I don't believe it'll be legal in Tennessee during the muzzleloader season, or many other states for that matter. Though the bullet is still loaded from the muzzle, the powder charge is loaded from the breech. Page 14 of the TN Hunting guide states: " Muzzleloading firearms are defined as those firearms which are incapable of being loaded from the breech." I'm sure that it'll raise quite the debate on what defines a muzzleloader though. The industry will try it's best to finagle it into the season somehow.

Since the word ‘Triple’ is still used, doubtful it’s anything new. Probably a variation of 777 that is needed since it’s encapsulated in a plastic cartridge case. Probably burns different because there’s less air available in the combustion area.

You would think???? that Hodgdon would have worked on the 'Crud Ring' causing ingredient. With the elimination of that problem and if it produces the velocity of T7 - that alone would be a huge step forward...

A key for me - that would tell a lot about the powder does it need to ignited with 209 prime or primer or can it also be ignited with a Percussion cap. If it is only primer ignited that alone could tell you a lot about the powder.

You would think???? that Hodgdon would have worked on the 'Crud Ring' causing ingredient. With the elimination of that problem and if it produces the velocity of T7 - that alone would be a huge step forward...

A key for me - that would tell a lot about the powder does it need to ignited with 209 prime or primer or can it also be ignited with a Percussion cap. If it is only primer ignited that alone could tell you a lot about the powder.
They do say in one of these promo's that the ring is lessened or gone. That implies that they haven't improved it that much.

52 bore said after corespondense with hogdon that T8 wont be available by itself . Bad News i guess.....

They do say in one of these promo's that the ring is lessened or gone. That implies that they haven't improved it that much.
Probably the majority of the crud will remain in that shotshell lookin' thing. That's where the ignition takes place.

Back