Fiber optic sights on Accura V2 209

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi everyone. I'm new here, and also new to BP rifles. I purchased a CVA Accura V2 209 for deer hunting this season.

I've since put about 20 rounds through it trying to get it sighted in properly. I'm on paper at 100 yds, but consistently about 2" low of center and my rear sight is adjusted all the way up now. I'm reluctant to dive too far into the sights without some feedback, so I figured I'd run it past some experienced folks first.

Setup:

Fiocchi 209 primer
305 grain Traditions Smackdown 50 cal (sabot)
100 grains Blackhorn 209 powder

Not sure where to go from here. Intuition tells me I need a lower front sight, but again, I'm so new to muzzleloaders that it's possible I'm using a bad load combination, or something else. Anyway, appreciate any feedback you might have.

Dave

Try a lighter bullet, or, and adjust the powder charge. :lewis:

Thanks, HC. I was considering the same thing. Maybe going to a 250g bullet instead of the 305. Thanks for the input.

I'm betting that you have the Williams Dura Sights on your rifle.
I recently bought a Williams Ghost ring sight for one of my rifles.
It simply replaces the fiber optic rear sight. For about ten bucks, it has made a big difference in my shooting.

I'm betting that you have the Williams Dura Sights on your rifle.
I recently bought a Williams Ghost ring sight for one of my rifles.
It simply replaces the fiber optic rear sight. For about ten bucks, it has made a big difference in my shooting.

I believe they are the Durasights. They seem a little "cheap" plastic built, but just what came on the rifle. I might look for something better. I'll look into the ghost ring for sure. Thanks for the input.

Back