Figured this would happen.

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Stopped by my favorite black powder shop after work tonight. Wanted to pick up a few things and some Swiss 2F. They were out of the Swiss 2F. First time ever that I know of. (They did have some 3F in stock) Owner told me because of what's going on with Goex that guys are now going to Swiss or other brands that are available. Also guys not being able to get BH209 or not wanting to pay the high prices are also going to Swiss and other black powders. He said they have not received a shipment of Swiss in over 4 months now. He had no idea when a new shipment would be coming in. He told me to call in and check with them weekly.
I kind of figured this was going to happen.

PS, He had no BH209 left in stock as well, but seemed to have plenty of Triple 7.
The Sportmans Warehouse across the road from my favorite black powder shop had just got some BH209 in. 10 oz bottles for $45.

Looks like we won’t be able to purchase Scheutzen and RWS caps for awhile as I was told they stopped shipping them to dedicate making ammunition for Ukraine.

Been that way for over a decade now. Stockpiling is no longer a suggestion
Yeah, but now stockpiling is called 'hoarding' by the communists and their followers. Looking ahead is stigmatised. Use your head the least little bit and you become a target.

Back