Finally got screwed over(my fault)

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
At least he tired to make it right, I hope it shoots well for you.

I have bought SEVERAL guns off of Fishhawk on this sight . Every gun has been exactly as described .

From what ive seen over the years this site has extremely low "bad sales". Probably less than 5 and i can vaguely remember the details of 2. Its pretty rare here for a deal to go really bad.

Can you do the dyna tek yourself or do you have it done professionally

Sure can. Like Dean said you can get the kit from Midway, that's where I got mine. The kit will do a few rifles. Just clean it real well and leave out the oil. Then swab it with their cleaner followed by a bore mop with the Bore Coat (Don't take much on the mop) on it and run that back and forth a couple times then let it sit. I sat mine muzzle down on a rag in case some ran out If I got too much in there. I also rotated it a little every few minutes for about 30 minutes or so while it dried just to make sure it coated evenly. After it dries you have to shoot a few rounds with a good hunting charge to "Cure" the Bore Coat. Then clean and lube as normal.

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/691838/dyna-tek-gun-care-kit

Recent, as in two days ago, bad experience for me. First time. I bought a cheap 45 cal Staghorn off of Gunbroker on Dec 23rd. It was in horrible shape but I at least knew that and wanted the challenge to clean it up and see how a 45 would shoot. Came with no sights, no ramrod and missing swivels. Bore looked like it had never been cleand, bolt was brown instead of chrome. Cleaned that puppy up and finished it this past Sunday, looked great, shiny bore, shiny bolt and clean stock. I was looking to shooting it this weekend. Stock had so much dirt I don't think it had ever been cleaned. Came home Tuesday night and two sheriff's come whipping up and jump out while i was getting out of my truck. Scared the crap out of me! Turns out the gun was stolen in Colorado (I live in VA) and just recently registered in the stolen gun database. They of course took the gun into evidence, i was able to take my redfield scope and mounts off but it left with the rod and sights. The seller, a pawn shop, has been very apologetic and offered me a full refund, plus. Great seller. He said he had the gun for 6 months before listing it! Two things I hope, the crook goes to jail and the owner takes better care of his gun but I am not holding my breath on that!
John

I got a free CVA from a guy and he said the barrel was left un cleaned for a year I figured I would scrub it and see how it shot Unbelievable looking down that barrel looked like rocky gorge but it shot VG. I gave it to young boy who didn't have the means to buy one I saw him awhile back and he said you know the rifle you gave me I still have it I killed a lot of Deer with it

Latest posts

Back