Finished with fall planting!

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

big6x6

Reaction score
Harry and I really put out a lot of seed LAST Wednesday! I'm hunting the same plase as last year of course. I changed up my planting scheme a little. My main and favorite field I planted in nothing but clover. I combined several different products to be sure SOMETHING would come up! This consisted of Imperial Whitetail Clover and Mossy Oak Biologic Clover Plus. I checked the field this past Monday and MAN..this stuff is REALLY coming up!

The other fields I planted different things as well. My little "bow" field got mostly "Shot Plot" which is mostly various turnips and rapes and seeded very heavily. When I checked Monday it TOO was sprouting like all get out! I really couldn't really believe how well it was progressing after less than a week! The last field which is next to my "bow" field got a more traditional mix of clovers, ryegrasses, oats, and wheat. It was sprouting somewhat, but looks to be progressing at a slower rate than the other two.

Here are a few pics of Harry and I on the TRACTOR!:

2005huntingpics%20001.jpg

2005huntingpics%20007.jpg

2005huntingpics%20015.jpg

I'll post more pics as the fields progress a little more!

Big6x6,
what size mounted disc are you using? Also it appears it might be a John Deere if i'm correct. What size (HP) Kabota tractor are you using a 3130, etc. ? Are those steel plates laying across the disc for wt. to help make it cut?
Pocampo

Actually it's a 2530 Kubota. The disc is a 6ft but I have no idea of the make. The steel plate is for weight and you can drag it behind to smooth/cover if need be. We use the old chainlink fence/2X6 to cover, however. The disc REALLY needs a little more weight on it too. Next time it will have a crosstie or similar on it.

big6x6,
I have a John Deere mounted 6' disc with notched blades in the front like the one you are using. Even with added wt it doesn't work to good on sod ground, but does work ok on previously worked ground. That is about the perfect size tractor your using. I have a 750 John Deere diesel (21hp) with a 60" belly mower and turf tires. It handles the 6' disc fine but the turf tires pack the soil down to much and mower gets in the way unless you take it off and thats a REAL pain.
I am looking for a used 25/30hp tractor with ag tires to use. Am also looking for a good 8' or 10' wheel disc which is hard to find.
It sure seems this is the next wave (food plots) in hunting if you are to have a quality hunting spot.
Pocampo

Latest posts

Back