Fiocci 209 primers

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ShawnT

Reaction score
Does anyone use these in your ML and do any of you have any idea how they compare heat wise to say Win209 or rem STS?

I use them all the time. I have only 700 of them left so I will be with them for awhile longer, They go bang all the time with never a misfire so far, They ignite BH209 every time.

I emailed Blackhorn when I couldn't find the CCI or Federal primers they recommend and they told me the FIO-616 would work just fine. I think it's the muzzy 209's they don't suggest we use.

On a side note the Fiocci's were gone by the time I got bat to the store🤬

Thanks. I have never seen them sold anywhere I usually buy, so know nothing about them. I normally use Win 209 or Rem STS. I heard though the Grapevine that a club member might have a box he wants to sell. I just was not sure if they are a real hot primer or something close to the ones I currently use. I did not want to buy them and have them laying around If they are not something I can use. I don't use the hotter primers. My 209 rifles are set up to ignite BH or others without those hot primers.

IF the Breech plug is set up right and properly seals the Primer from blow back, Mag primers are not needed, but some like them, no issue with that. I have used a lot of Win 209s and Rem STS and never had an issue even when it was cold.

My question was not really about IF it will ignite BH, Just IF the Fiocci is close in heat range to a Win 209, cooler or hotter.

IF the Breech plug is set up right and properly seals the Primer from blow back, Mag primers are not needed, but some like them, no issue with that. I have used a lot of Win 209s and Rem STS and never had an issue even when it was cold.

My question was not really about IF it will ignite BH, Just IF the Fiocci is close in heat range to a Win 209, cooler or hotter.

Posted by Encore in a previous post.

Shotshell-primers-strength-comparison.jpg

I did see that, Thanks George and Mike. Looks like it's pretty darn close to the Rem STS and the Win.
I'm still waiting to here back from the club member that has them.

Greetings to everyone. I have a question. What brand of rifle can Fiocchi 616 primers be used for? Who has experience with it. Thank you in advance for the answers!

Latest posts

Back