Firehawk QLA

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My new Firehawk has a QLA muzzle.
I like the QLA for the protection it gives the true muzzle.
However. This one, I suspect was added later as its completely devoid of blueing. My Black Diamond ,after 1642 shots, still has blueing present.
My question is: Were the Firehawks given factory QLAs? Mine is an early one judging by the serial number ( 919x). It appears well done. I heard TC would add one to an existing rifle. Maybe this is what I've got?
Still cleaning her up. Range report to follow.

Yes all my Firehawks have QLA`s, I think my very first one back in the early 90`s didn't have one but I cant swear to it lost to many brain cells in the last 25 yrs:)

My original .54 FireHawk did not have a QLA. I killed alot of deer with that gun using Great Plains conicals an a red Knight sabot with a 260 gr (I believe) bullet. The QLA came out a couple years after I got my rifle an I just had to have one. I sent it off to T/C to install the QLA an never liked the accuracy again after that....

thanks for verifying that I was correct in no QLA on the earliest one, same here I bought the walnut stocked/blued one, loved that gun very accurate..sold it when I started buying Knights:)

My original .54 FireHawk did not have a QLA. I killed alot of deer with that gun using Great Plains conicals an a red Knight sabot with a 260 gr (I believe) bullet. The QLA came out a couple years after I got my rifle an I just had to have one. I sent it off to T/C to install the QLA an never liked the accuracy again after that....

Back