firing pin shim kits for Cva Accura and Optima

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have ordered two packs of shims.
I also have obtained some 777 50/30 pellets to go with 50/50 I already have to lower the charge.
Not financially ready to move to loose powder at this time although that is the plan.
thank you all.

Financially ready to move to loose powder?....Pellets cost more per shot.....FAR more than loose Triple7

Financially ready to move to loose powder?....Pellets cost more per shot.....FAR more than loose Triple7

Exactly, and more than Blackhorn 209 too. There is the added cost of a Blackhorn 209 breech plug if he goes that route. But he could shoot Triple Se7en loose powder with his current plug for way less than any pellets.

do you weigh your loose powder or measure?
if you weigh it what scale do you suggest?
what speed loaders do you use with loose powder?
I have seen Tradition speed loaders that have two compartments, any good?
Blackhorn 209 has powder measured viles but many folks say to weigh or premeasure because the markings are unreliable.

I use an electronic dispenser that is consistent. Weight and volume are apples and oranges with Blackhorn. Tradition speed loaders are fine. 77 weighed gr. equal 110 gr by volume. Chart is on Blackhorn web site.

Latest posts

Back