First Buck and Deer with a Muzzleloader- Bulloch Co Georgia

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
10/10/21 Bulloch County Georgia. First light and he was on a mission. Not my biggest buck, but very happy to harvest my first animal with a Muzzleloader. A lot of folks on this forum helped me sort out propellant, projectile, and optics for this rig. Thanks again to all. I really like using this TC FX 50 and its not far off from an actual rifle. Amazing.
View attachment 16812
it is an actual rifle as far as i'm concerned... Perfect hit!! & nice buck to boot!! Congratulations!!

Very nice buck!! Congrats, and good luck during the rest of the season. You boys in Georgia get to use rifles I think, so obviously you would take advantage of that when you can. Here in IL and IA I have been using muzzleloaders almost exclusively for years. Since straight wall cartridges are now permitted in IA, I have mixed it up a bit in firearm season between cartridges, but the bottom line is that my in-line muzzleloaders are still the most accurate rifles I use for deer hunting.

Last edited:
10/10/21 Bulloch County Georgia. First light and he was on a mission. Not my biggest buck, but very happy to harvest my first animal with a Muzzleloader. A lot of folks on this forum helped me sort out propellant, projectile, and optics for this rig. Thanks again to all. I really like using this TC FX 50 and its not far off from an actual rifle. Amazing.
View attachment 16812
Awesome buck!

Very nice buck!! Congrats, and good luck during the rest of the season. You boys in Georgia get to use rifles I think, so obviously you would take advantage of that when you can. Here in IL and IA I have been using muzzleloaders almost exclusively for years. Since straight wall cartridges are now permitted in IA, I have mixed it up a bit in firearm season between cartridges, but the bottom line is that my in-line muzzleloaders are still the most accurate rifles I use for deer hunting.
one accuracy advantage the ml has isn't spoken of much,, (i think) is that the bullet is securely seated in the rifling/lands prior to ignition of the powder,, the carttridge rifles have a a jump, or at best have the lands just touching/engraving the bullet. The ml, properly loaded, the bullet/ball is already straight & aligned with the barrel.. hence some amazing accuracy with a relatively primitive style weapon!!

View attachment 16812
Congrats, nice deer ( ain't no bad ones IMHO ). Now you are hooked!

Back