First buck with crossbow

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hook

Reaction score
Got this 7 point on the second day of opening weekend (last weekend). He is my first buck with a crossbow. Had to give up my compound because of a bad shoulder. Sure do miss shooting my compound. Started bow hunting with a recurve in my 20's (won't tell you my age now🙄) and have used every kind of bow since then. Even did competitive shooting (tournaments) for a while.🇺🇲20200920_173615.jpg

Great healthy looking deer. Makes my mouth start to water.
Congrats on your first crossbow deer! Looks like a great double lung shot, bet he didn't go far.
I too love hunting with my compound. When I can't anymore I will have no qualms about going to a crossbow. There are just more hoops to jump through for that in Idaho, have to get a Dr.'s release that you can't physically use a compound anymore.

Great healthy looking deer. Makes my mouth start to water.
Congrats on your first crossbow deer! Looks like a great double lung shot, bet he didn't go far.
I too love hunting with my compound. When I can't anymore I will have no qualms about going to a crossbow. There are just more hoops to jump through for that in Idaho, have to get a Dr.'s release that you can't physically use a compound anymore.
Thanks Renegadehunter, yeah, he only went about 30-35 yards. He made a circle & came right back & collapsed in the shooting lane. Didn't even have to track him.:elmer:

What state did you harvest your deer?

10 point Titan Xtreme. It's been a good bow.
I started out with a Bear recurve bow back in the mid 70's. My last compound bow was a Mathews.
I got my handicap crossbow permit 7 years ago. Been shooting Excalibur crossbows. Currently have a Matrix Grizzly and Matrix 330.

Latest posts

Back