First deer experience

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bushfire

Reaction score
My brother and I took our eldest boys out for a hunt this year when we had the opportunity. Luck shined on us and my brother managed to take a cull head. Kids thought it was great!

Mine is the one on the left, you may notice the very effective suppressor in his mouth. As we were closing the distance on the stag he delighted in pointing out the kangaroos and emus in our path at the top of his voice so I had to plug him up! My brother and I were with our father for our first deer 20 odd years ago and it was a special moment to be able to do it with our own boys and carry on the tradition. Hopefully we'll make hunters of them yet.

DSC_0740.JPG

My brother and I took our eldest boys out for a hunt this year when we had the opportunity. Luck shined on us and my brother managed to take a cull head. Kids thought it was great!

Mine is the one on the left, you may notice the very effective suppressor in his mouth. As we were closing the distance on the stag he delighted in pointing out the kangaroos and emus in our path at the top of his voice so I had to plug him up! My brother and I were with our father for our first deer 20 odd years ago and it was a special moment to be able to do it with our own boys and carry on the tradition. Hopefully we'll make hunters of them yet.

View attachment 11155
That is fantastic getting the boys interested at a early age. Hopefully they will follow the tradition.

Suppressor.....I like that. lol

Nice animal there. Congrats on getting the boys out to take part in the hunt.

Nice harvest, the younger boy is looking in aw, can't believe his eyes. Love it ! !

Latest posts

Back