First Deer . . .

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dom

Michigan, da Thumb
Supporting member
Reaction score
. . . with my Muzzleloader, a Rem 700 SS that's been converted to BH209.

First, thanks to this Forum and the members for providing a lot of great information to a newby with Muzzleloader, I appreciate it.

Load was 80 grains by weight BH209 pushing a Barnes 290gr TEZ, 50 yard shot and my Dackel "Waldi" tracked and found the buck after about 50 yards (though blood trail was good, I always get my dog on track to keep her in practice -- she lives to find deer and loves it).

To be honest, my Muzzleloader is an inline, not primitive, and was not much different than any of my other center fire rifles in shooting a deer. But it was a feeling of accomplishment in the prep, range time, loads, etc . . . and getting a shot at a deer, and of course, good meat for the freezer. Life is good!

P.S. The heart and liver were excellent, and you just can't beat tenderloins.

1204200930.jpg

Congratulations, Life is good. :lewis:

You mean you couldn’t find a muzzleloading Blaser?!?;)

Congrats on the buck!!!:lewis:

A kill with a muzzleloader, as I think you have discovered, brings an extra level of satisfaction.

C
Yes, retired and back to my roots, Michigan 😎 I should say only the southern zone in Michigan is the shotgun area, the Northern Lower and Upper are open for all rifle calibers.
Congratulations on the retirement!!!

Back