First Muzzle Loader

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not sure they have different color codes for the bore paste. I use a bristle brush wrapped with a cleaning patch and smeared with the paste and run it up and down inside the barrel maybe thirty or forty strokes, then check the bore after running a clean patch through it. If it's cleaned out well enough for you, you're done. If you think more can get a better job done go for it.

You did well, DarwinsFlinch, and got a bargain IMHO. Whokalouie made a good point (post #3 above). I seem to remember reading something way back when about safety concerns regarding the then new style break-open ML rifles at the time. It seems any build-up on the nipple tip could cause a cap to not fully seat and closing the breech could cause a discharge when the action face contacts the cap. I also don't know/recall if these actions have a rebounding hammer, or not, (likely they do, but just in case) if they don't, and the hammer rests against the firing pin after pulling the trigger, then please make sure that the hammer is always set back to half cock when you reload the barrel and open the action to replace the cap, so that the hammer is not resting against the firing pin when you close the action, which could also cause an accidental discharge.

You gun has a transfer bar firing system you don’t have a half cock the firing pin is spring loaded.I’ve owned one of the new style huntsman like yours since they first came out.Couple things I see in your picture plastic primer holders factory ones are no longer available.There are 3d printed one available but they are expensive if you plan on shooting much the best setup is a aftermarket breech plug.The proper way to use the telescoping ram rod is to seat the bullet down the barrel as far as you can while collapsed then extend it.I would use a different ramrod for loading I’d only use the factory rod for a reload when hunting.At one time there were better ramrods and breech plugs available The only breech plug I know of is made by prbullets which I know nothing about mine is a metric unlimited plug Which are not available any more.Good luck with your gun they are a good gun

Latest posts

Back