First muzzleloader harvest

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jokker78

Reaction score
It was a hot January day in East Texas. Got to skip work for jury duty. We were released early, so off to the woods I go. I get settled into the pop up blind. It's about 85 degrees inside. I sit and I wait and I wait . As the hours roll on, dusk is fastly setting in. I decided to call it a day, as I start putting things in my backpack,I catch movement out of the corner of my eye. For there standing in all her glory was a Doe. I slowly eased the wolf out the window and slowly lined the crosshair up . I cocked the hammer back and slowly pulled the trigger. EveeEveryt instantly went white. Holy cow!!!
The smoke cleared and as I look down the hill I see no deer. I grab my light and head over to where she had been standing. Hair I see hair. No blood. I look harder I find a pin drop of blood. A slowly creep In the direction of the trail of blood . It getting to be a better trail. 25 yards later there she is .

My first muzzleloader harvest with my CVA wolf and a 300 gr hornady sst.

Attachments

• 20190108_175929_crop_473x463.jpg
    20190108_175929_crop_473x463.jpg
    211.9 KB · Views: 121
Nice Deer where you at in East Texas. I from the Tyler Area Still got family down there.

Congrats!

Your line "instantly went white. Holy cow!!!" is one of my favorite things about hunting with a muzzleloader. I know alot of guys goto smokeless rigs because of that but for me personally its one of the reasons I came back to smokers after playing with smokeless for a few years. I love that moment waiting for the smoke to clear to see if your deer is laying there.

It was a hot January day in East Texas. Got to skip work for jury duty. We were released early, so off to the woods I go. I get settled into the pop up blind. It's about 85 degrees inside. I sit and I wait and I wait . As the hours roll on, dusk is fastly setting in. I decided to call it a day, as I start putting things in my backpack,I catch movement out of the corner of my eye. For there standing in all her glory was a Doe. I slowly eased the wolf out the window and slowly lined the crosshair up . I cocked the hammer back and slowly pulled the trigger. EveeEveryt instantly went white. Holy cow!!!
The smoke cleared and as I look down the hill I see no deer. I grab my light and head over to where she had been standing. Hair I see hair. No blood. I look harder I find a pin drop of blood. A slowly creep In the direction of the trail of blood . It getting to be a better trail. 25 yards later there she is .

My first muzzleloader harvest with my CVA wolf and a 300 gr hornady sst.

As one of the good guys use to say - ya gotta luv it when a plan comes together!!!

Congrats

Congrats, Jokker! I am still waiting to pop the cherry on my CVA Accura MR. I know there is a big fat hog out there waiting for my SST to show up!

Latest posts

Back