First Time Hunting with a Crossbow

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Also on CBN, I shoot a Barnett whitetail hunter pro for a few years now it works. After years of chasing the latest and greatest in verticle bows got tired of all the wasted $s 6 months later its old.Im getting older and have been hunting more out of a blind then using climber to get up over 20' .Do whatever keeps you out in the woods.

Ive been trying to find heavier broadheads, over 150grn, no one local carries anythong over 125grn.
I use vented 125 grain glue on Magnus II broadheads, a 125 grain steel adaptor and 90-100 grain inserts for deer.

When hunting hogs, I use combinations of Eskimos, Kodiaks, or hand forged Type 15 swallow tail broadheads mounted on lathe turned adaptor/inserts with total points weights of 400-600+ grains.

To overcome wind planing with unvented and swallow tail heads, I make extra large vanes from full length uncut feathers.

I shoot a C-bow also after my shoulder surgery. It took me a couple of years to except it tho. The fiance bought me a R26 Ravin for Christmas. Said she was tired of me moping around for 2yrs during bow season LOL. The ACCURACY of it is amazing so I never shoot 2 bolts at the same aim point in target. Ravins are pricey but they're accuracy is unmatched. I use a Primus Trigger Stick tripod. Can use in blind or in a stand or standing up shooting. They are quick to deploy 9

Looks like you're ready to bring home some deer meat. Never shoot the same spot twice in a row.....those bolts are expensive to be making robin hoods.

Back