Flashlight

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have you thought about one of the headlight rigs that you wear over your head or hat? We use them for work and they are great for hands free use. The light is focused in the direction you are looking. A really good one costs about $40
Yes.I have over the head and the hat brim clip on. Since I'll be saddle hunting and doing what I can to reduce weight and bulk the over the head is out. Its also too bright.The problem with the brim clip is I rarely wear that style of hat unless it's warm weather.

Milwaukee headlamp's my favorite except for bug season when the swarms get quite bothersome. Most-used is a Glock light - very bright adjustable beam and snaps on my Glocks and Walther. I use it to combat raccoons and it lights 'em up high in the burr oaks.

I use the Duracell LED headlamps from Costco, where you can get 3 for around $20 bucks and I always carry a spare light with the batteries (3 AAA) wrapped in plastic or a holder. No matter what you buy, store it in a cloth bag to protect the lense from getting scratched up.

I use a small red light on my head just to avoid getting poked in the eye by brush. I keep a white lite cupped in my hand and pointed at the ground to do most of my traveling in the dark.

I’ve been using a Surefire Maximum 1,000 lumen headlamp for several years now. It’s rechargeable has a fuel gauge and is tough as nails. The best part about it is it has a dial where you can adjust the light output from 1-1,000 lumens and use just the right amount of light you need which also saves battery power as well. It’s perfect for tracking due to the wide beam pattern. I love mine but it is pricey.

Personally, I think a good flashlight is so overlooked by hunters. They spend big dollars on guns, scopes, and yes, BH209, and yet go for cheap flashlights that eventually just stop working. We rely on a flashlight to get us out and back in from the woods or mountains safely. We rely on them for tracking, and in some cases, survival. Buy a good light, and you won’t be disappointed. Just my two cents!

Being a first responder I have several flash lights but 2 of them is on me day and night but I use this one the most streamlight.
And use the surefire 6P as a back up.

Attachments

• 49489226-4618-419C-B3EB-6C5B22034C2B.jpeg
    49489226-4618-419C-B3EB-6C5B22034C2B.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 1
Being a first responder I have several flash lights but 2 of them is on me day and night but I use this one the most streamlight.
And use the surefire 6P as a back up.
I keep one of those Strion DS HL lights in a charger, with a spare battery, mounted in my truck at all times. A great back up light for me.

I’ve been using a Surefire Maximum 1,000 lumen headlamp for several years now. It’s rechargeable has a fuel gauge and is tough as nails. The best part about it is it has a dial where you can adjust the light output from 1-1,000 lumens and use just the right amount of light you need which also saves battery power as well. It’s perfect for tracking due to the wide beam pattern. I love mine but it is pricey.
I’m going to look into this I’ve been looking for a good head lamp for my water rescue helmet.

Personally, I think a good flashlight is so overlooked by hunters. They spend big dollars on guns, scopes, and yes, BH209, and yet go for cheap flashlights that eventually just stop working. We rely on a flashlight to get us out and back in from the woods or mountains safely. We rely on them for tracking, and in some cases, survival. Buy a good light, and you won’t be disappointed. Just my two cents!
My thoughts exactly.

Latest posts

Back