Flintlock Blunderbuss - Need dimensions

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wganz

Supporter
Supporting member
Reaction score
I am going to start my winter build it season with a Traditions Flintlock Bunderbuss kit. It will be primarily a test bed to get my kit building skills back up. Being both practical and a tightwad, don't want to leave a $389 kit + tools + time just sitting there since a blunderbuss is totally useless to me and would want to recoup the stock & lock work off of it into something with the semblance of being a normal flintlock. The goal is once the kit is completed as a blunderbuss with an obligatory firing, then swap the barrel

If anyone has built or bought one, I'd appreciate it if you posted the barrel diameter at the breech(correct me if I'm wrong but the first inch or so appears octagon) and at the end of the stock before it starts to flare. If it is octagon on the breech end, the flat size would be much appreciated also. The pix below is what I want to achieve. And I want to start searching now to get the replacement barrel.

Thanks for the assistance,

BlunderBuss.PNG

Latest posts

Back