Flintlock vs caplock for hunting

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@Idaholewis sorry for derailing your other thread mate.

Do you have any ideas about the issue with tight spots in the renegade bore?

BushFire, what kind of taxes or issues would there be if you "assembled" something? Say you bought a TC hawken stock then a month or year later bought a lock. Then later bought a barrel. How does your gov't view that? Just wondering if you could piece together something without getting on someones naughty list. Im sure shipping would add a nice sum to the cost too. But you wouldnt be buying it all at once.

BushFire, what kind of taxes or issues would there be if you "assembled" something? Say you bought a TC hawken stock then a month or year later bought a lock. Then later bought a barrel. How does your gov't view that? Just wondering if you could piece together something without getting on someones naughty list. Im sure shipping would add a nice sum to the cost too. But you wouldnt be buying it all at once.

People have gone to jail for that in this country! Even a stock is considered a firearm. In point of fact the border force got outed a while ago for claiming a big bust of illegal firearms. Turns out they were all disassembled and they were claiming each part as an individual firearm.

Wow thats unfortunate. Makes me appreciate our gun laws a bit more. I do like some of the Pederoli guns. I particularly like the Missouri River hawken with the maple stock and a browned 30" barrel. But for your style of hunting the hunter hawken with the shorter barrel is the obvious choice. Lyman used to have such a great barrel with a chrome lining that i would say look for an older Lyman if they can be had there. 1:38? twist in some of them i believe.

Wow thats unfortunate. Makes me appreciate our gun laws a bit more.

I agree! When you read someone like Bushfires posts here about how STRICT and RIDICULOUS their Gun Laws are in his Country, It definitely makes me appreciate where i live here in the US, Though they keep Fighting to change us here, I hope & pray they don’t ever succeed

I agree! When you read someone like Bushfires posts here about how STRICT and RIDICULOUS their Gun Laws are in his Country, It definitely makes me appreciate where i live here in the US, Though they keep Fighting to change us here, I hope & pray they don’t ever succeed

I think you guys will be ok, guns here are a privilege not a constitutional right so it's different.

We had pretty liberal laws until a mass shooting in the 90s. After that they banned semi autos (unless you need them for business e.g. farming), made it very hard to own pistols, require guns to be locked away and separate to ammo when not in use and require a genuine reason to own one (hunting licence, gun club membership etc.).

The only law that really bugs me is that we can't own suppressors. I've used them in the UK and NZ and really see the benefits.

Back