Fondant Potatoes

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've done them, personally a lot of work for a tater. I used fresh rosemary, Italian seasoning, and cajun spices. Oh, lots of butter 😁

I agree, lots of work just for a tater but..... I love my taters. Wife believes I'm nuts LOL. I like the cajun seasoning idea and may try them once. Maybe if I get everything going, the wife can keep an eye on it while I grill up venison ka-bobs. ;)

Not sure if you like curry but Vadouvan (French curry) with fried shallots, rosemary and thyme is a mild curry with some "western spices" added. Slightly similar to Caribbean versions of curry but milder.

As far as the butter goes use Ghee or clarified butter. Smoke point is much higher. Mix with a healthier fat like avocado oil if needed. I do half "tasty fat" and half healthy fat cooking all the time and never notice any huge flavor loss.

Gave them a whirl this afternoon, they just came out of the oven and I haven’t even tried them yet. A baked chicken and fresh fiddleheads tossed in a vinaigrette round out the menu. I picked the fiddleheads this morning.
AB760971-C47D-4E24-A2F3-43398538C058.jpeg

Back