For the birds....

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrTom

Reaction score
I was given a cement bird bath last fall who's finish was in tough shape. I kept it in the garage over the winter into spring so I could work on it. I scraped, wire brushed and even sand blasted this beast to finally get to a point that I could finish it. Two coats of primer on the concrete then three coats of white epoxy and a week of cure time. Yesterday it went in the garden. Here's Carole with her new garden trinket.

nuutFtM.jpg

There's gnome that's three and a half feet tall that goes with this 300 pound animal and he's in tough shape too. He'll be a project come fall when I get him in the garage. He weighs as much as the bird bath. Hopefully this set will stay put and not exit via thieves like so much of our garden stuff does.

Looks Nice, Now that honeydoo"s are done ya can go fishin!!!

looks good, put you a couple trail cameras hidden pointing at your garden stuff and you will catch your thieves on camera, make sure to get the flash less infrared cameras so they don't see a flash when their pics are taken.

dbowling said:
looks good, put you a couple trail cameras hidden pointing at your garden stuff and you will catch your thieves on camera, make sure to get the flash less infrared cameras so they don't see a flash when their pics are taken.

What Dean said!! Catch em in the Act! You did an AWESOME job on it :yeah:

Good job! Why is it the women like these things in their garden, but us men folk have to do all the work? Funny how that happens.... :lol:

Only draw back to bird baths is the skeeters like them too!!

I'm pretty lucky in that she's changing water every day and washes the bowls before adding new water. Plus we're dry here so no skeeters at all.

Latest posts

Back