Found a load for lk-93 .36 maybe?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Took my Bestill .32 and Knight LK-93 .36 out to shoot today, all shooting was done at 30 yds to get ready for squirrel season opener the 15th.
Sort of found anew load for the .32 in that I switched to a totally dry pillow ticking patch cut at barrel from a precut prelubed factory patch.
Shot 7 shots into less then a inch ctc at 30 yds with 25 gr of BH209, gun shoots better but forgot my rest and was shooting off my hand on bench.
The lk-93 .36 I tried 50 gr 777 3f and 90 gr Sierra HP w/sabot and it was all over the place and very,very loud as in it actually hurt my ears.
Then tried same bullet with 25 gr 777 3f and it would shoot 2 next to or touching then throw a flier 2 inches to the left or high.. was putting stuff up and just fo the heck of it I tried a 100 gr GT HP w/25 gr 777 3f and it put 1st 3 shots inside 1 in dot, next 2 were way low and right but barrel was getting very dirty by then.
Going to be murder on a squirre20200813_161144.jpg20200813_161135.jpgls head:)

thats pretty good shooting! do u do a lot of squirrel hunting? what is a pillow ticking patch?

thats pretty good shooting! do u do a lot of squirrel hunting? what is a pillow ticking patch?
Pillow ticking is that blue, or red, striped cotton fabric, somewhat like denim, that used to be used to make homemade pillows and mattresses.

Patched ball shooters use it as a patch around the soft lead ball to engage the rifling in the barrel.

dbowling used it for patching the ball in his bestill, .32 caliber, inline squirrel rifle.

I used to squirrel hunt everyday I could but not near as much anymore.. very bad back and can only look up for a couple hrs then can hardly walk. I squirrel hunt more with my air rifles then I do the muzzleloaders, not nearly as noisy.

Back