found my dads old tool

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I recently bought an old plastic tackle box full of stuff at a church sale. Paid a buck for it. I didn't even open it up until I got home with it. Inside there were 3 Rapala baits still in boxes, unopened and based on the price stickers they had to be twenty years old. There also was a six compartment Mepps sipinner kit that had twelve spinners in it, not the six that these kits sold as having. The most unique item was a DeLiar fish scale, still in the factory box but the box was in tough shape. When I checked inside the DeLiar was in pristine condition, not a mark or corrosion of any kind. I have it sitting on the window sill in the shop window and will get a pic tomorrow. After fetching these items out of the box it still had tons of stuff in it. My fishing buddy has a 6 year old grandson just starting to get into fishing so I gave gramps the box and told him to let the kid dig thru it. The box must have been a hit with the kid cause gramps told me that the kids dad had to take the box away from him so he'd go to bed. lol

Amazing the treasures a buck can buy and equally amazing how much a box full of old stuff I'd never use can captivate a kid.

Back