Found super 91 .504 w series

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fat Cat

Reaction score
Little help please, found a clean super 91 .504 plastic stock. They are asking 500$ tackle box full of bullets and other goodies. So assuming this has a good bore am I buying or not? I have no experience with Whites but have been shooting bp since 76. I'm familiar with Doc White and his excellent reputation.
20210513_140817.jpg

I'll have to go back for closer inspection, but I'll bet it's clean , I gave it a once over and it looked great . I didn't notice any tools in the tackle box , how tough is it to get the plug out. Hopefully easier than getting the bolt outta my austin halleck. Almost need a masters in engineering for that one.

Getting the plug out is simple with a small 1/4" drive socket set and long extension. Can't recall the size of socket.....

Lower the striker bolt gently onto the nipple, and remove the retaining screw on the left side of the action that secures the hammer. Pull the trigger and pull the bolt out.

Last edited:
I'll have to go back for closer inspection, but I'll bet it's clean , I gave it a once over and it looked great . I didn't notice any tools in the tackle box , how tough is it to get the plug out. Hopefully easier than getting the bolt outta my austin halleck. Almost need a masters in engineering for that one.
The Austin and Halleck bolt is the easiest bolt to remove on the planet. You just have to rotate it it slightly until the plunger goes into the groove and draw it straight out. A 3/8” or 7/16” socket on an extension and 1/4” ratchet should pull the breech plug easily from the White.
I’d offer $450 on the White and see if the seller takes it. I wouldn’t let it get away either if it’s in good shape.

I'll get back over there early next week . Working today.
What's the chance of finding a laminate stock for this?

You could try and reach out to Doc White he may be able to help you. Personally, I prefer the B&C stocks. I found the laminated stocks slippery if your gloves/hands are cold and wet.

Back