Foxtrot Ammo

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No experience with them but if you have doubts I have a substantial inventory in 20g. shells. I would be happy to send you a few. Can your gun use 3" as well???? Including steel shot. PM Me if you are interested.

What size is the Shot? There have been LOTS of turkeys killed with .177 Air Rifles :) A 1oz load of Say 7.5s is PLENTY and then some :lewis:

What size is the Shot? There have been LOTS of turkeys killed with .177 Air Rifles :) A 1oz load of Say 7.5s is PLENTY and then some :lewis:
About any size you want for ducks. 10’s to 7’s
I used 9’s last fall on geese with the 410 355gn of shot. Smoked them at 40 yards. For all around ducks geese I recommend 8’s

doesn’t matter how close are far the 8’s will absolutely crush them

Like l said, I never heard of it. Just assumed it was lead bird shot.
I personally always liked 2oz number 4 shot. Have killed birds out to about 65 yards with that load.

Like l said, I never heard of it. Just assumed it was lead bird shot.
I personally always liked 2oz number 4 shot. Have killed birds out to about 65 yards with that load.
4’s will do it
8’sbin a 20 12 or 10ga is pure murder

Been a long time since I’ve used lead on a turkey

I'm sure that all the new types of turkey loads out there are excellent. Those heavi-shot shells come to mind but I just couldn't pay the freight for a box of 5 shells.

I'm sure that all the new types of turkey loads out there are excellent. Those heavi-shot shells come to mind but I just couldn't pay the freight for a box of 5 shells.
I lose money on shipping ammo. I only charge $15. It ranges 15-22 for ammo through ups

I guess that turkey loads kinda don't matter much to me these days.
This past season was pretty bad here in Oklahoma. I never even heard a gobbler. The population has declined rapidly the last couple of years.
They changed the season for next year. Starting later in the spring and only 1 tom limit statewide.
I'm hoping to travel to Vermont next year to hunt with my buddy at his place. Vermont has been one of the best places I've ever turkey hunted.

No experience with them but if you have doubts I have a substantial inventory in 20g. shells. I would be happy to send you a few. Can your gun use 3" as well???? Including steel shot. PM Me if you are interested.
Thanks, don't have a 20

I have been looking at the Mossberg SA28. Still leaning that way. I saw the H20fowler loads thought that might be an option. Kinda 28ga load in a 12ga package.

Sorry. I interpreted the H20 as a 20 gauge shell. If nothing else my hearts in the right place.

The .177 pellet gun does work for turkeys. LOL :)
No problem. Thanks for the offer. I rather throw a bunch of pellets than just one....lol....

Tungsten steel loads are all the craze in the turkey hunting industry now a days. With good reason. Some guys are claiming kills out to 40 plus yards with 410 shotguns. I don't doubt it. I have seen some of their patterns on paper targets. Lots of companies now selling tungsten turkey ammo and I think it's great. But it is not for me. Two reasons. First, I can't justify the cost. Also, I like to spend time and ammo at the range sighting in at different distances. I would go broke just sighting in.
Second, I like to call my birds in as close as possible before I pull the trigger. Just seems more sporting for me personally that way. Most of my shots are 20 yds and under. Tungsten steel is not needed at my limitations.
A guy I work with prides him self on the long distances he has killed gobblers with his tungsten loads. Some of them 70 plus yds he claims. Others pride them selves on how close they can get the bird to them before taking the shot. To each his own.
I started hunting with Winchester Long Beard XR loads over 5 years ago.(12 ga, 3.5'' #4 loads) They pattern great out of my gun out to 50 yds. I have killed two gobblers with them at distances of 45 and 47 yds. I almost felt guilty for taking such long shots. Both birds dropped and flopped at the shot. I can only imagine how much I can increase my range if I were to switch to tungsten. It seems like the real deal. Almost seems unfair, LOL.

Sounds like a waterfowl load, may be steel shot.
Shot placement is key

I'm was looking at them for possible recoil reduction but still have reasonable range. I try to get them as close as possible. A few shots from a 12ga 3.5" would make my arthritic shoulder sore for days!!!! That's why l have been looking at the Mossberg SA28. Still leaning that way. I saw the H20fowler loads thought that might be an option. Kinda 28ga load in a 12ga package.

Latest posts

Back