full forming Barnes bullets

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LBAhunter

Reaction score
Any of you guys that full form Barnes bullets, do you find that they hold their sizing once you size them?

No spring back with the one’s I’ve used. Barnes 250gr TEZ and Bear Creek Ballistics 285gr BallPoint have gone the longest between sizing and loading, over a year, no change in loading force that I can recall.

Most of the copper bullets I shoot are .451-452, knurled, then full formed for a .458 barrel. I’ve shot a couple different .458 coppers that were annealed, then full formed, but all those were loaded and shot within a few days so I don’t know if they may spring back, I’m thinking very little, if any.

No spring back with the one’s I’ve used. Barnes 250gr TEZ and Bear Creek Ballistics 285gr BallPoint have gone the longest between sizing and loading, over a year, no change in loading force that I can recall.

Most of the copper bullets I shoot are .451-452, knurled, then full formed for a .458 barrel. I’ve shot a couple different .458 coppers that were annealed, then full formed, but all those were loaded and shot within a few days so I don’t know if they may spring back, I’m thinking very little, if any.
I knew you knew.......thanks :thumb:

Back