Full freezer for me this year

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dbowling said:
nothing better then chili made with deer, I've eaten chili made with deer for so long when I eat regular chili with ground beef at some else's house it tastes all greasy to me.

ShawnT said:
Thanks guys. One larger and one small like these Doe's does me for my Red meat for the year since its just me. :yeah: Gonna be a rainy weekend here this weekend so I plan to make a pot of Chili from one of the larger packs of meat I ground up. :drool: I really like to make Chili from Venison since there is no fat to skim off! :yeah:

On a side note we had some crazy weather in Ohio this year and it got down to as low as 21* and up to about 34* for a few days with lots of wind. I was able to let the larger doe hang in that barn to drain and age for 3 full days and butchered it on the fourth. You could almost pull the meat apart! :yeah: :D

I'm the same way Dean! :yeah:

I live in SE Ohio and yes the weather was messed up. Congrats on a successful hunt.

DW2, Thanks and Welcome to the Forum! I got skunked last year so made up for it this year. :wink:

Chili's on! Nose is still running. Plenty of Serrano's and Jalapeno pepper powder in this pot.

Served with some Chopped Vidalia onion and sharp cheddar Multigrain Club crackers.

9wIt8Nt.jpg

8FkpB1Q.jpg

Looks Good! I can almost smell it looking at the pic. I just finished a pot made a few days ago, good to the last bite. I like it HOT too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Good work Shawn! :yeah:
I only took 2 this year - one doe with my .280 and one doe with my X7. I still might hunt some more, but plenty in the freezer even if I don't. Saw quite a few bucks this year but only 1 shooter, and of course no shot on him :lol: If he makes it he'll be a dandy.

Thanks Mike. I only saw a few does this year. There is a couple bucks and one real bruiser that my nephew got on camera but they never showed up. No matter since you can't eat those horns. :lol: One larger and one smaller doe usually hold me for the year, but then again its just me eating it too.

Latest posts

Back