full moon deer movement lull.

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes I tell a young man that I've been mentoring and trying to teach him how to hunt if he hunts deer long enough the deer will teach him how to hunt he can read all the books and listen to everybody's opinion just watch the deer and become a fanatic deer studyer they'll teach you how to hunt

The whole moon phase and the temperature issue I smile at,, I often hear by many down here in Texas how it's too hot the deer won't rut which I laugh at,,understand hot weather may stifle deer movement some but I can remember being a young man when it came to a woman ,temperature had nothing to do with it, I really can't imagine a three or four-year-old buck on a doe just kind of passing it going nah it's too hot I don't think I'm interested, same thing with that moon phase deer eat and deer move they just do it at different times stay in the woods long enough you'll learn that and you'll learn to take advantage of it

I agree with Mnt monkey. Today I saw 6 bucks that were following a doe. The main rut is over but occasionally I see this. Just try to be outdoors as much as possible. It changes from day to day and often in the same day.

The whole moon phase and the temperature issue I smile at,, I often hear by many down here in Texas how it's too hot the deer won't rut which I laugh at,,understand hot weather may stifle deer movement some but I can remember being a young man when it came to a woman ,temperature had nothing to do with it, I really can't imagine a three or four-year-old buck on a doe just kind of passing it going nah it's too hot I don't think I'm interested, same thing with that moon phase deer eat and deer move they just do it at different times stay in the woods long enough you'll learn that and you'll learn to take advantage of it
I remember those days, was like the post office. Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night kept me from completion of my appointed rounds.

Latest posts

Back