Fury 325gr star tip got it done

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ENCORE50A

Long Range Shooter
Supporting member
Reaction score
Well luck was on my side at 7:30 this morning and the muzzleloader barked, sending a Fury 325gr star tip directly into a decent 8pt. Dropped it where it stood!
Now for up here in this locale, this is a dandy buck. They just don't get like those down below, nor will they ever. I miss seeing the large bucks down below, but I'll take what it gives me up here. Let a lot of small bucks go, that most up here wouldn't hesitate to take. Thank goodness for the Polaris XP1000 ;)

The Fury did its job perfectly, sending it through an opening in the trees and at 80yds. Sent with 105grs BH209.

The camera battery needed charging, so the wife used her tablet and took a photo. When the battery charges, I'll try to get a few more.

Feeling blessed to still be able to harvest another!

buck-1.jpg

Congratulations

Want a bullet report if recovered?

bestill said:
Congratulations

Want a bullet report if recovered?
Thanks Jeff.
I did not find an exit. I shot it high in front of the shoulder to anchor it. I'll have it processed, but I'll look for the bullet first and tell them if they find it, I want it.
Ended up cutting a finger with a deadly sharp knife, so I didn't look to hard before hanging it. Yeah, I know, be careful with sharp knives....

Good job! That's a nice buck for anywhere. Those antlers are tough to cook and likely taste worse, plus they're all testosterone from the deer and those thinking they need big antlers. You did well. Congrats.

Great deer Encore. Its always good to get one on the ground.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Congrads! :yeah: That's a pretty good buck for most areas anymore. While I like to get a big one too, I really do look forward to the good eaters like nice fat Doe. :drool:

Took it to the DNR check station today. Two aged it a 3.5yo. They gave me the antlers and they took the head for bTB testing. Takes 3 to 4 weeks to get the results.

Gotcha. So if I do like my friends from Michigan do when describing where they’re from, I hold up my right hand and you’re around the tip of the index finger… :lol:

JStanley said:
Gotcha. So if I do like my friends from Michigan do when describing where they’re from, I hold up my right hand and you’re around the tip of the index finger… :lol:

Only if they're looking at your hand :lol: Yes the Alpena area.

Congrats. It was nice to have snow on the ground for opening day of gun season.

Back